Solo log file retrieval

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but you could just send them to yourself via that app and then forward them to 3dr.. Right? I mean, I just sent logs to myself yesterday just to get a look at them.

Yes you can, but (correct me if I'm wrong) you email the latest log files. Using this method you have access to all the log files.

Reactions: DodgeP
The controller is just a Linux machine so you can copy the files with scp protocol and they are just regular log files, so you can use notepad or any text editor to view and edit them.

they are just regular log files, so you can use notepad or any text editor to view and edit them.

Yes they are but really suck to read.

3DR needs to get with the program and at least have a CSV file available for Dashware. Or maybe they do and I need to get with the program and figure it out.

I am missing my Flytrex data.

Log files can be imported into mission planner where graphs and individual data is presented. Mission Planner is a free Windows download.

Log files can be imported into mission planner where graphs and individual data is presented. Mission Planner is a free Windows download.
I assume this is mobile device only and that their is no Windows version?

I assume this is mobile device only and that their is no Windows version?
MP is windows only. You would send the log files to yourself by email and then import them into MP for review.

@Jubalr are you using MP with the Solo now?

I just loaded it and gave it a shot. GPS works as it shows my house on the map but appears to be just current. Thinking that there is no history of logs? Seems like its just last flight?

On the left hand sign there is an option to load log files. It will then bring up a box where you tell it the directory the files are in. There is also an option to extract parameter information. That is where the majority of the data is. From there you will see a hundred or more parameters on the left where you will select check boxes on the data you want graphed.

The operation is a little different than what it was on the Pixhawk 1, but I was playing around with it yesterday and was able to view the data.

Reactions: Raybro
This issue I am having is it doesn't seem to retrieve past flights. Just the last power up. I fired up Solo retrieved logs and emailed them to myself and it looks like the data sitting in my house when I fired it up to retrieve the logs.

Not sure Rich,
I just went to support, support ticket and deleted their address and put mine in. In the email was the last 3 logs in a zip file.

If you use the method in the PDF I attached at the beginning of the thread you can access all the log files from your computer. Just use winscp and use the same address and password.

I just did another flight. There always seems to be 3 if you use the email support function.

It appears that solo.tlog is your current (last flight).
There are two other files solo.tlog.1 and solo.tlog.2

Those look like the last two flights. You have to rename them so they extension is correct before MP will open them.

So solo.tlog.1 needs to be renamed to something like solo1.tlog

The mission plays for me in MP but the drone image never leaves the take off point on the map.

You don't have to rename the files in Mission Planner in the filename box type *.* and hit return and all 3 logs show.

Oh yea. Good point :)

Regardless I don't think my data is displaying correctly. Maybe iit's not setup for Pixhawk 2 yet?

I grabbed the notebook and connected it direct to Sololink and was able to make a UPD connection as well directly from MP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig