Solo left home. Now he is back.

GPS coordinates should be in the t-log file in the controller.
Can you tell us what happened? True fly-aways are pretty rare with Solo
How do I get the log from the controller?
I was flying out of my driveway, I am in a pretty heavy tree area and mountains.
I had visual on it the whole time. I was trying to bring it back in when it seemed to just take off.
I hit home but didn't see it.
I have a video of it after it landed, but can't tell where it is.

Right, so how do you have video from after a crash, if it flew away and you don't know where it is??

Right, so how do you have video from after a crash, if it flew away and you don't know where it is??
Not sure how to answer that again.
The Drone was flying, I lost control.
When the picture came back on, the drone was in the woods still sending video.
It has to be somewhat close maybe 1200' but i live in a mountainous area.
If i could get the gps coordinates I may be able to narrow it down.

Well at that point you could have pulled up the map screen in the app and located the bird...
It's that hindsight thing. Plus I'm new to it.
Do you know how to get the tlog to my mac or I pad to read it?

OK, that clarifies it. For 2.4ghz wifi to reach you through the woods, it has to be VERY VERY VERY close. Trees and foliage obstruct WiFi very quickly. So the thing has to be almost on top of you if it's in the woods. Like, walk the tree line around where you were standing. It's probably right there.

Pulling logs with a mac will require Filezilla. Connect to 10.1.1.1 (SSH/SFTP). Username root, password TjSDBkAu. Look in the /log/ directory for the most recent few *.tlog files.

Reactions: RACCOON EGGS
It's that hindsight thing. Plus I'm new to it.
Do you know how to get the tlog to my mac or I pad to read it?
Do what paddles suggested, it has to be real close,

I had this happen to me a different drone platform then the solo it also still had video feed and i was able to find it by using the shadow the sun was casting on nearby trees and vegetation and triangulate.sort of.

It did not have GPS. so I was lucky.... I'm sure with a little searching you will recover it...good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: RACCOON EGGS
P2P any chance this is the return to me bug in the solo app caused this?

Last edited:
Found it at the last distance and altitude I saw on screen.
On its back, props broken, gimbal tweaked and battery dead.
Looks like battery a goner, won't charge.

Reactions: OldCoder
Found it at the last distance and altitude I saw on screen.
On its back, props broken, gimbal tweaked and battery dead.
Looks like battery a goner, won't charge.
You can revive the battery with a trickle charger. That does not mean it will be OK but you can try. This pic on google shows how to bend a plug to trickle charge the battery. Once the voltage rises the regular charger will work.
http://www.voltaicsystems.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Solo-Cable-alone.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.
After everything that happened I think a 50.00 battery is getting off easy.

RangerBob- It sounds like a perfect time to try Master Airscrew's propellers- less than $20 for a complete set (4) come in Green, Orange, Black or White-
Just finding your drone would bring me a sigh of relief.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso