Solo battery

Reaction score
So what would be the result of storing a fully charged battery? My girl bought me 4 batteries as a surprise, fully charged them and gave them to me a lil over a week later. She told me "they are charged and ready to fly" I only see 4-5 lights now. Are the batteries toast?

The Solo batteries discharge themselves to storage voltage (~60%) after a few days to protect them. Your batteries are completely fine just charge them up!

Thanks. I know that is their purpose but I still always charge mine to 60% before storage, I only trust technology so much. I'm glad to hear that in this case relying on the tech actually works out.

Do you guys fully charge before storage and let them do their thing or do you only charge them to a certain point as I do?

My goal is to store (leave them unused more than a couple days) my batteries at 50%. I usually just pull them off the charger once I get four lights illuminated. That being said, I usually have one battery above that point for any urgent needs. I can charge 4 batteries from 50% to full in about 30 or so minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goal is to store (leave them unused more than a couple days) my batteries at 50%. I usually just pull them off the charger once I get four lights illuminated. That being said, I usually have one battery above that point for any urgent needs. I can charge 4 batteries from 50% to full in about 30 or so minutes.

Did you make a multi charger for your batteries?

I have this one.
30d64fd93aefe5c0e91770808ee9a1d0.jpg

Tommyb10,

A new battery charged to 100% should not discharged automatically to 60% or so after a few days of non-use......something is wrong with that battery.....my common sense tells me that.......but than maybe I have no common sense......

My 5 batteries don't do that at all.........

They didn't drop to 60% after a few days. I used to use regular lipo batteries without smart function, so it's just habit to store them around 60% my fiance charged new batteries and gave them to me as a gift a little over a week later. I have no need to use them yet and since I never stored a fully charged lipo I assumed they would be ruined. I'm glad to hear they regulate themselves, I don't put too much faith in anything automated.

They didn't drop to 60% after a few days. I used to use regular lipo batteries without smart function, so it's just habit to store them around 60% my fiance charged new batteries and gave them to me as a gift a little over a week later. I have no need to use them yet and since I never stored a fully charged lipo I assumed they would be ruined. I'm glad to hear they regulate themselves, I don't put too much faith in anything automated.
It's usually about 10 days before they will begin to discharge.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Solo Keith
I just took the stock charger leads and spliced in XT60 connectors. That way I can charge with the stock charger if I'm on the road or use my higher current X4 charger.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbugg1233