Solo App + iOS10 = No connection

Reaction score
If you use an iDevice to fly your Solo and haven't upgrade to iOS10 yet, don't. Coworker first noted a bug that the device won't connect to the Solo. I had already upgraded mine before he told me. Sure enough, mine won't connect either. 3DR is aware of the bug.

sorry, you need to look at something else
I know personally of at least 10 people flying solo just fine on 10
I flew 3 batteries on it just this morning
rock solid

Reactions: Shlazor
We are both on iPhone 6+, so there may be model specific issue.

Oddly enough, I have an iPad 4 mini still on iOS 9.3 and when I try to download the app it says my device is not compatible.

I usually loose compatibility or reliability when I update to higher iOS , for the GoPro Apps.
Usually I delete the GoPro Apps and re-install and all good, so far that is the solution.
These days with FW on tablet being the same as OS for PC ...so to speak, updating to latest and so call greatest is not what I like to do due to compatibility issue.

PC I am still on Windows 7 as it works and I will hold on to as long as I can.
Ipad I am still on 9.xxx but was holding on to 1st generation 8.xx for a long time.
Since my iPad is strictly for GoPro Apps and drone flying, I avoid iOS update if current version I use works for my other Apps need :)

Me fingers too big for touchscreen keyboard...I do lots of typo and is very slow once typing on a keyboard I do not use daily.

Just my two cents:

Iphone 6S iOS 10.01 works fine, three batteries exhausted
Ipad Air 2 iOS 10.01 works fine, just one battery exhausted

Both devices tested in brand new solo, only one thing that seems strange but not related to iOS, new brand battery seems to drain faster below 15%, so fast that I reached 11.8 V :( so I may damaged the battery.....

I participated in the beta testing of ios 10 and didn't have any connection issues with Solo with any of the releases. I haven't flown with the final/official release yet. (iPhone 6)

Have any of you had trouble with Solo app crashing with iOS10? My Solo app crashes quite frequently. I'll try deleting and reinstalling, but I'm wondering if this is a common problem or not.

I use an iPhone 6s Plus and two I ipad Minis... no problems.

I'm using iOS 9 still, on an iPhone 6 and my Solo app crashes sometimes. Usually only when I forget to close out all other apps. After I close everything else, it doesn't crash.

I'm using iOS 9 still, on an iPhone 6 and my Solo app crashes sometimes. Usually only when I forget to close out all other apps. After I close everything else, it doesn't crash.
Yep, this is important - it's always best to be sure your Solo app is the only thing your iPhone/IPad is busy with while you're airborne!

Have any of you had trouble with Solo app crashing with iOS10? My Solo app crashes quite frequently. I'll try deleting and reinstalling, but I'm wondering if this is a common problem or not.

Yeap, had similar issues. Only when using smart shots. App crashed very often. I've reinstalled it, all other apps were closed in ipad mini 4 (which I have) and issue was still there. I decided to roll back to latest ios 9x.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44