Solo 3dr fell from the sky

Sorry to see you missing out, as I really don't understand the statement above. The VAST majority are flying on 2.4 just fine. I have 2 Solo I use regularly myself. To make a decision based on a dozen experiences out of 1000s does not make sense to me. Like you said; "A shame to be missing out the prime summer season".
Just my opinion. YMMV..

i have two as well. i'm on 2.4, fly every week and have no worries.

Reactions: Solo Keith
"I was not recording to my iPad." Your ipad may not have Video, but it has something much better! A complete log of everything you ever did with your Solo... Logs.
After you make a ticket to 3DR, come back here, & we can help you read your logs.
The Sololink would not connect. Hard reset?

It's a waste of time now. The controller was reset. Additionally, although the vehicle is less than a year old, the warantee is good from the original purchase date. This is a one year period. So if you have a solo that falls from the sky, you are SOL!! They will not replace it. Talk about an expensive risk every time you fly. It's not worth it.
On a side note, I have three batteries, a charger, a controller, controller charger, and backpack for sale now.

Didn't want you to reset cause, it may delete the logs 3dr needs to evaluate ticket.
Sorry to hear, if your warranty is over
Wow, I got 3 weeks till 1 year i think on mine.
You can find a replacement cheap right now i think?
If not,
I could use a back pack....? but really need a case.

What is the actual ratio of flyaway/lost solos? In this forum we don't hear much from all the successful Solo owners just the ones asking for help or frustrated. One would think 2 out of 3 solos fall from the sky for no reason. I have had some learning curve challenges, one cost $1,000 GoPro, gimbal & props) but that was due to inexperience. Now I never fly without a proper pre flight check at home for any updates, fully charged batteries (camera, controller & and Solo). Then when I get to the sight a pre flight checking all working wifi connections, camera & gimbal functions, if any are lacking I abort! I don't risk it. Go home and check it out, I don't let pride or disappointment get in my wallet. The more patient the more successful flights I have. Here is a night flight on the 4th at 300 ft looking down or even with some fireworks.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

welcome roger to 3DRpliots

Solo is a FANTASTIC machine!
Not too many "fly a ways"
Most crashes occurring "Due to operator or H/W, S/W Errors" have been low on damage.
drops form 12, 15 even 25 FT. has resulted minor repairs.
Almost every drowning or submerged Solo's that's been recovered, little effort to get back to 100%

Go enjoy #Fly3DR

I am an experienced solo 3dr operator. Always careful with preflight checks for updates etc. I literally was doing nothing more than hovering
About 380-400 feet above the lake. The solo lost complete control and tumbled. My screen froze on one of the legs and I had to see it line of sight as it crashed into the lake.

I purchased my original Solo About a year and a half ago. I was patient and waited for the gimbal to be produced and manufactured. I finally Got it and installed it. I also was mistakenly sent two gimbals at one point and charged for one. The honest guy that I am, I advised them of their error and sent one back. The vehicle had issues at one point with connectivity. I sent it back about a year ago and they sent me a new one.

Unfortunately, the warantee is good ONLY FROM THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE NOT THE DATE OF THE NEW REPLACEMENT. Thus solo will not replace my vehicle at all. As loyal as
I have been to them, sitting patiently waiting for a gimbal, posting videos and stills to social media and always hashtagging them, and being with them since the early days, they still refuse to replace the vehicle. This seems poor to me. I feel like an abandoned spouse. One day everything is hunky dorey, and the next minute you're left holding the bag.

I know a used car salesman that wouldn't give his own brother a discount on a used car!! I'm still not talking to that Cheapskate!!! LOL

What did 3DR say that caused the dip in the lake?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks