solo 2.o

Reaction score
wonderful about solo 2.0 but very poor live video streaming during fly. hard to see where I fly... how to solve it.

Every time claiming the same in this forum, blame guided the gopro, and almost no one else had these problems, just me. So I started to investigate, change my ipad mini ipad mini 2 to 3 LTE, and reading and reading in forums, many accuse the behavior of gopro, a slow memory. Now buy a 633x Lexar and SanDisk Extreme ultra doubt to get me, but even I could not go flying by weather

I'm in the same boat. Solo disconnects from Samsung Tab 4 so no video. Not what I wanted in a Camera Drone.

Using Solo + gimbal and GoPro4 Silver, Monster 16gb Sport 90, 90Mb/s.

Will be going back to 1.3 until they get this sorted out.

Same here....horrible video feed and the app doesn't recognize my gopro 4 black. Another long awaiting useless update.

Same here....horrible video feed and the app doesn't recognize my gopro 4 black. Another long awaiting useless update.
This has nothing to do with the 2.0 FW, nor with the SD card in the GoPro.
Always turn on GoPro before Solo, then it will be recognized.
I tested 2.0 extensively with an iPhone6 and a Nexus 7/2013. Zero difference to 1.3.
If you have latency issues, reason is the low graphics performance of your smart device. While the feed with my Solo is perfect on the iP6, the picture Nexus often bricks especially with fast movements. What is not surprising when you compare specs.

Reactions: Gareth Rockliffe
I'm in the same boat. Solo disconnects from Samsung Tab 4 so no video. Not what I wanted in a Camera Drone.

Using Solo + gimbal and GoPro4 Silver, Monster 16gb Sport 90, 90Mb/s.

Will be going back to 1.3 until they get this sorted out.
I have the same "Tab 4" that i been using for 6 months, & prefect video feed from Solo, until about 3500' then it will blank out.

I tested 2.0 extensively with an iPhone6 and a Nexus 7/2013. Zero difference to 1.3.
If you have latency issues, reason is the low graphics performance of your smart device. While the feed with my Solo is perfect on the iP6, the picture Nexus often bricks especially with fast movements. What is not surprising when you compare specs.
I use the Samsung galaxy tablets S which outperforms the IP6 and my video feed is grainy at the best of times. Since the FW release, I can barely make anything out. The screen going black is a 3DR issue. Don't you think you should be able to see a feed without having to do a start up procedure. Also with the FW update, the app doesn't recognize my Gopro 4 black. All your testing means nothing to my issues.

Personally I think this updates improved a lot, the multipoint is amazing and mine at least acquires lock and keeps it faster and better which was my only issue before.

That said mine runs great on my iPhone 6 Plus but not as well on my s6 edge and spec wise the s6 is a beast. I think your device does have a lot to do with the feed issues but it's not just specs OS and other factors are also to blame. Unfortunately I planned on and bought an android for my solo to use tower, but since release I've had much better luck on my iPhone 6 Plus so I use it most times now. Towers main function is in our app now with this update so no big deal now and I'm more than happy with my solo and the fact that the growing pains are mostly sorted at least on my end.

Keep up the great work 3dr, I love my solo and am exited to see what 3dr has in store for the future of solo and can't what to see what others contribute to the platform in 2016.

Reactions: RichWest
Personally I think this updates improved a lot, the multipoint is amazing and mine at least acquires lock and keeps it faster and better which was my only issue before.

That said mine runs great on my iPhone 6 Plus but not as well on my s6 edge and spec wise the s6 is a beast. I think your device does have a lot to do with the feed issues but it's not just specs OS and other factors are also to blame. Unfortunately I planned on and bought an android for my solo to use tower, but since release I've had much better luck on my iPhone 6 Plus so I use it most times now. Towers main function is in our app now with this update so no big deal now and I'm more than happy with my solo and the fact that the growing pains are mostly sorted at least on my end.

Keep up the great work 3dr, I love my solo and am exited to see what 3dr has in store for the future of solo and can't what to see what others contribute to the platform in 2016.
And I have no issues with my s6 curve...go figure. I just came back from the lake flying for a couple hours, thought I had at least an hour worth of video and over 50 pictures. Recorded about 35 seconds right after takeoff then stopped recording. And no pictures even though everytime I pushed record or took a picture the app acted like it was functioning. I should've known better I guess. Let down cause I was excited to get out to this lake. Even had a group of ice fisherman doing the selfie.

My heart stopped while updating today. Update went well. Rebooted Solo. Heard a faint whistle coming from Solo. Booted controller and smelled burning PCB. Sniffed to Solo and that was the source. Unplugged the battery quickly while observing the flashing Yellow gimbal led. Tilt motor was H-O-T!

Waited....reinstalled battery....booted Solo and no further trouble. This thing is gonna give me a stroke...lol.

Called Tech Support and they said "No Worries, keep it close for awhile. It's covered if something stops working." This quad has been grounded for 2 weeks because of a bad HDMI cable. 3DR sent one and that fixed my bad video. Kept testing on the ground for two days to be sure. This bird ain't gonna fly for another week of ground testing now just to be safe.

Last edited:
And I have no issues with my s6 curve...go figure. I just came back from the lake flying for a couple hours, thought I had at least an hour worth of video and over 50 pictures. Recorded about 35 seconds right after takeoff then stopped recording. And no pictures even though everytime I pushed record or took a picture the app acted like it was functioning. I should've known better I guess. Let down cause I was excited to get out to this lake. Even had a group of ice fisherman doing the selfie.

That sucks man, I'd send in the logs if it were mine probably. Only issue there is that the process emailing isn't as painless and easy as it should be or I'd hoped it would be. Yes you can send from app, but I had to email multiple times and get into much more than my 3 logs to even get customer service to take a look. Maybe it was the guy I was talking to, but I ended up figuring things out on my own by the time the weeks of back and forth with the ticket service passed and stopped emailing. I heard calling gets better results, maybe try that if I need help other than things I can get here I'll call from now on. This was a while ago hopefully things have improved after their phones slowed down.

Reactions: Lance
My heart stopped while updating today. Update went well. Rebooted Solo. Heard a faint whistle coming from Solo. Booted controller and smelled burning PCB. Sniffed to Solo and that was the source. Unplugged the battery quickly while observing the flashing Yellow gimbal led. Tilt motor was H-O-T!

Waited....reinstalled battery....booted Solo and no further trouble. This thing is gonna give me a stroke...lol.

Called Tech Support and they said "No Worries, keep it close for awhile. It's covered if something stops working." This quad has been grounded for 2 weeks because of a bad HDMI cable. 3DR sent one and that fixed my bad video. Kept testing on the ground for two days to be sure. This bird ain't gonna fly for another week of ground testing now just to be safe.
Yea that's scary, hopefully it doesn't cause any damage in the future. Kinda odd, maybe the gimbal held up by something, but it shouldn't keep trying. Glad it's still working, but scary for sure. Good luck

Yea that's scary, hopefully it doesn't cause any damage in the future. Kinda odd, maybe the gimbal held up by something, but it shouldn't keep trying. Glad it's still working, but scary for sure. Good luck

I'm pretty anal about that gimbal being clear of obstructions. I will even power the bird down if I forget to boot the GoPro because I don't want to stress the gimbal motors. But you are right, it was like a bind of sorts that the gimbal failed to go limp from....

Yea mine bound at the tilt motor and I've had to shove it in further so it didn't click or stick was the only bind I've had. Just the shiny ribbon cable you can see in the little gap where it tilts. May be something to keep an eye on. It hung up but would just go limp until I fixed it, more stress on the cable than the motor on mine.

Reactions: Steve K
I'm gonna pull the covers off the tilt motor and poke around a bit. Thanks!

No problem, good luck. If it's similar to my issue you'll likely feel or even hear it click, but it's prolly worth popping off the cover to look around. Actually since you said that I think I'm going to take mine off too and try to fix it better cause after using a prop to get it back into place it slid and I had to fix it again. That ribbon is so fragile it's already looking like it wants to split so I better make sure it doesn't do it again.

All I was saying is that all my gear worked perfectly with 1.3 and now drops out and wants to send a report every time I try to use "Orbit" or "Selfie", Although "Cable Cam" works well.
Latency is not the issue. Dumping out of the Program, No GPS link in follow, all worked before in 1.3 and now doesn't.

I had the same thing happen with the prior update. I smelt a burning smell after the update. Picked up the solo and the gimbal tilt motor was burning hot. I called 3DR and logged a ticket assuming it was fried. I haven't flown much because the cold and being so busy with work, but they told me it's covered if it fails.

I had the same thing happen with the prior update. I smelt a burning smell after the update. Picked up the solo and the gimbal tilt motor was burning hot. I called 3DR and logged a ticket assuming it was fried. I haven't flown much because the cold and being so busy with work, but they told me it's covered if it fails.

So far so good. I have hundreds of tilt strokes on it now after the event. Testing it in the living room that is. Think I'm pretty safe to take it up. But like you it is bitter cold here, -3F right now. Did yours make that whistle/whining sound? Tech Support was unfamiliar with any noises like that from the gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks