Solex question

Reaction score
Im new with the solex app i wanted to know if im out on a long distance flight will the solex app determine or give me a warning on how much battery is left to make it back safe?

I don't think so. That is up to you to calculate.
I have previously thought that it would be a great feature though. The app would calculate distance to home and would give a warning, or even RTH would be invoked automatically at minimum battery power for a successfull long distance RTH.

Reactions: june03dr
You can always update your Solo to Solo firmware v1.5.3 ... link to the 3drpilots.com discussion thread explaining how to do it, and what it does exactly.... the short and sweet of it is, v1.5.3 of the Solo firmware includes functionality for automatically determining when to Return to Home based off of how much battery power is left, and how far from "home" the Solo is ... the v1.5.3 firmware includes other additions/enhancements as well... see the discussion thread for the complete list... v1.5.3 is the latest firmware released by 3DR for the SiteScan Solo hardware, however it has been tested with the consumer version of Solo and I am running it on my primary Solo without any problems at all...

You can always update your Solo to Solo firmware v1.5.3 ... link to the 3drpilots.com discussion thread explaining how to do it, and what it does exactly.... the short and sweet of it is, v1.5.3 of the Solo firmware includes functionality for automatically determining when to Return to Home based off of how much battery power is left, and how far from "home" the Solo is ... the v1.5.3 firmware includes other additions/enhancements as well... see the discussion thread for the complete list... v1.5.3 is the latest firmware released by 3DR for the SiteScan Solo hardware, however it has been tested with the consumer version of Solo and I am running it on my primary Solo without any problems at all...
Cool post! I love this community and open source coding for immediate modifications.
I'm off to do another mod. thanks for the info.

Question, so can i use the solex app if i download the 1.5.3 firmware?

Flyguy...

Is there a display of this info on the phone/tablet? Or does the calculation just on in the background and "take over" RTH without notice to the pilot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus