Solex for Solo

Having a generic button on the screen saying "Fly me there" begs the question: "Fly where?"

To there *taps location*. Maybe rename it to "Fly to spot" for this use case?

Providing it as an action in a specific context makes a lot more sense.

The context is that I want to go to a spot. :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So had a chance to play with the Fly Me There. Thanks to everyone who explained it to me. Doesn't work like I had thought but figuring it out, thought the little sight has something to do with it.

Did have a strange problem today though. At 1000 feet out it kept doing an auto RTH. I don't believe I have anything set for max distance and Solex is the only thing I fly with normally. I flew the same flight with the 3DR app and it did the same thing.

I know this probably isn't the right place to ask, but is there a max distance setting somewhere? Couldn't find one.

...Did have a strange problem today though. At 1000 feet out it kept doing an auto RTH. I don't believe I have anything set for max distance and Solex is the only thing I fly with normally. I flew the same flight with the 3DR app and it did the same thing.

I know this probably isn't the right place to ask, but is there a max distance setting somewhere? Couldn't find one.
There is a Max Distance setting in Solex. I'll have to guess that if you flew Solex, that would set that parm. If the 3DR App didn't change the parm back, your Solex Max Distance would still apply. Some of this behaviour is conjecture on my part.

SOLEX ever coming to iOS?

Just wondering

+1

Now that 3DR is abandoning the Solo, we will have to depend on 3rd party developers. The Solex app is already ahead of the official Solo app and looking at the version history, its easy to see that the Solex app will continue to pull ahead of the official app. An iOS version would greatly be appreciated.

3DR did a great job creating a very smart drone with plenty of potential left in it. Apps like Solex are the key to unlocking the hidden potential in the Solo.

Reactions: Coastwise
Hello everyone.
I have been sitting around in the background for a while now reading up on the solo.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and post my first post with a question about solex.
I have purchased the app which I find very good, lots to play with and much to learn.
My question is as follows, sorry if it has been posted earlier, I have read loads and loads and I'm not sure if I have read about this on the solex app.
Here goes,
On the 3dr solo app I can use off line maps, I tend to do this as I do not want the tablet to accept a call as I am flying the bird, for obvioysreasons, is it possible to use offline maps while using the solex app?

I will apologise again if this has already been covered, but due to the weather here in the UK, I am unable to fly. Raining today and been windy where I live .
So I can't get outside to try.

Thank you again

Save and happy flying everyone .

Hello everyone.
I have been sitting around in the background for a while now reading up on the solo.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and post my first post with a question about solex.
I have purchased the app which I find very good, lots to play with and much to learn.
My question is as follows, sorry if it has been posted earlier, I have read loads and loads and I'm not sure if I have read about this on the solex app.
Here goes,
On the 3dr solo app I can use off line maps, I tend to do this as I do not want the tablet to accept a call as I am flying the bird, for obvioysreasons, is it possible to use offline maps while using the solex app?

I will apologise again if this has already been covered, but due to the weather here in the UK, I am unable to fly. Raining today and been windy where I live .
So I can't get outside to try.

Thank you again

Save and happy flying everyone .
Welcome to 3DRPilots,
We may need @Kelly Schrock to chime in on this, but up to recently, The map feature was non existent. Everyone was requesting it,
The last update "1.2.8 version" of Solex,
I think that your devise, while it is already using the WiFi to connect to Solo, Can not also connect to the internet for data retrieval.
So for map image, just continue to preload maps before you connect to Solo.
I have a dedicated Device for my Solo. Removed Sim card.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: speatuk
Welcome to 3DRPilots,
We may need @Kelly Schrock to chime in on this, but up to recently, The map feature was non existent. Everyone was requesting it,
The last update "1.2.8 version" of Solex,
I think that your devise, while it is already using the WiFi to connect to Solo, Can not also connect to the internet for data retrieval.
So for map image, just continue to preload maps before you connect to Solo.
I have a dedicated Device for my Solo. Removed Sim card.
Hope this helps.
Thank you Steve

Any good current link the Solex manual? I tried the links posted a week ago and they don't seem to work anymore.

No sorry I just read the manual that is in the app.
Don't know how to get it off the app.
Sorry

Hi, I am new to all of this. I am wondering if the Solex app is better then the Tower app. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks, Kyle

What is better, Solex or Tower?
They are different type of apps. IMO Solex is a replacement for the 3DR app, with more features. Tower is for conducting waypoint programmed flights, these can be similar to the smart shots but it does differently. Personally I have them both, but Solex is what I fly with 99% of the time.

I am learning a lot.
This may be a silly question. Does the tower app automatically adjust altitude for ground elevation change?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig