software glitch

Reaction score
I downloaded the newest software update for solo and the download went fine. When i went out to fly my gopro wouldnt show live feed even tho it was connected properly to the gimbal, and upon further investigation i noticed that even tho my solo and remote were all connected to my phone etc (minus the live feed) i couldnt acess my solo settings through my phone. It was all connected i could fly solo just fine but i had no live feed to my phone and i had no access to solos settings.

is there anyway to re-install the software or go back to the old software?

Mine has done the same thing. I find I have more success if I turn the solo on first ,let it go trough its startup procedure and then the controller and the app last. it work 9 times out of 10 for a cold start. With a battery change I just switch batterys without turning off the controller and app and it seams to work fine.

I downloaded the newest software update for solo and the download went fine. When i went out to fly my gopro wouldnt show live feed even tho it was connected properly to the gimbal, and upon further investigation i noticed that even tho my solo and remote were all connected to my phone etc (minus the live feed) i couldnt acess my solo settings through my phone. It was all connected i could fly solo just fine but i had no live feed to my phone and i had no access to solos settings.

is there anyway to re-install the software or go back to the old software?
No need.
If you are on iOS, check your connection to Solo wifi. You may drop the network and reconnect. Next simply shutdown the app and reopen.
On Android, first check your connection to Solo wifi. Then pls ensure you have the latest app and 3DR Services installed. Close the app AND 3DR Services. Then open the app again.

No need.
If you are on iOS, check your connection to Solo wifi. You may drop the network and reconnect. Next simply shutdown the app and reopen.
On Android, first check your connection to Solo wifi. Then pls ensure you have the latest app and 3DR Services installed. Close the app AND 3DR Services. Then open the app again.
I agree, I have the same problem if the app is running connecting to solo, re-starting the app works.

Assuming the connection on the goPro is solid and the gopro itself isn't hung (need to remove battery) then a simple kill and restart of the Solo app usually fixes this. I've also noticed that on subsequent uses the problem appears less and less. All depends on the state of the app based on my experience. Lets say the app was recently used and you switched to another app and then you powered on Solo. You're more likely to have problems at that point. I always make sure Solo app is manually killed before I connect to Solo wifi and things go a lot smoother.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig