Searching for GPS - Forever - and Controller Loss of Signal

So I have a question, is it possible to start flying in manual mode, lock GPS in flight say 50-100' above your position and then proceed in smart "fly" mode? (I still want to use the return nome feature when I loose controller signal)

I fly in the mountains all the time and constantly run into "return to home" after I loose signal going into a valley or rock outcropping. I really need the GPS return to home feature but it can literally take me 20 minutes to acquire enough sats to take off where I fly.

So I have a question, is it possible to start flying in manual mode, lock GPS in flight say 50-100' above your position and then proceed in smart "fly" mode? (I still want to use the return nome feature when I loose controller signal)

I fly in the mountains all the time and constantly run into "return to home" after I loose signal going into a valley or rock outcropping. I really need the GPS return to home feature but it can literally take me 20 minutes to acquire enough sats to take off where I fly.
Yes, when flying in an area with a lot of trees, rock cliff or other obstructions that are interfering with your ability to lock GPS, just take off in manual and climb straight up to get over the obstructions to get your lock. You can then switch to another mode if needed and the home point will be where it acquired lock. If RTL is needed it will return to that point. You can then let it land or re-take control in manual.

Reactions: klamberton
Yes, when flying in an area with a lot of trees, rock cliff or other obstructions that are interfering with your ability to lock GPS, just take off in manual and climb straight up to get over the obstructions to get your lock. You can then switch to another mode if needed and the home point will be where it acquired lock. If RTL is needed it will return to that point. You can then let it land or re-take control in manual.

This is the best news I've heard all day. (Sadly I'm being honest) so thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44