Right Stick Repair

Reaction score
Hello all. New to the group. Been flying Solo for about a year.

About a month ago, I dropped my controller and it damaged the right stick. It still controls fine but it has lost the re-centering ability. So if I push the stick to the right or left and let go, it does not return to the center.

This means that the SOLO will drift if I don't manually recenter the stick.

Any idea on how that might be remedied without buying a new controller? Not sure if anyone has an experience with taking the controller apart and messing with it.

Any help would be great!

never had my controller apart, might be as simple as a spring popped off
those controllers are not cheap almost as much as some of the complete solo deals lately

Thats what I'm hoping. But can't gather up the courage to break it open.

But yeah, the controllers aren't a cheap item.

look on you tube for the solo wifi card mod video
that at least shows how to crack open the controller. its a start

here you go skip to about 1 minute

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks. Seems easy enough to get apart.
Can't wait to see how many parts I have left over when I put it back together... lol

looks like the stick mechanisms are easy to get to once you have the back off. so 7 screws a battery and a few connections

I've had mine apart- no biggie. Just be careful, take your time, and don't force anything when putting it back together.

Got it fixed up this morning. Thanks for help and encouragement.
Was pretty simple actually. One little tension spring had slid off. Took some patience to slide it back on but all in all not the most frustrating thing I will do today. Only took about 30 minutes.

Slide1.JPG

Reactions: Maddog and RichWest
Excellent- thanks for the pics! Now others can benefit from your new-found knowledge.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig