Rev B vs. Rev A

Reaction score
I have been trying to read up on the difference between Rev B and A in the forums. But, I am still a bit unsure. If you get an A.....do you just need to buy that $30 part from 3dr and then it is the same as the B? Or, does the B have completely different hardware? I ask because I bought three of these things in the best buy sale. 2 have the circles on the box, one does not. So, I think I got two Bs and 1A. Trying to decided if I should return the A or what? Thanks for any help!

So far i know even rev B need that gps mod to aquire satellites faster not sure about other differences on hardware

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I have both a revision A and a revision B. Both perform exactly the same. Lock in under a minute. Same count of sats, usually 9 on the ground 13 airborn. same hdop usually <1. I do not have the shield mod on either one. I live in and area surrounded by 70 to 80 ft pine trees. 1 other difference I noted is the gimbal data cable does not have the braided sheath as the revision A does, this greatly improved flexibility. So I removed the sheath on the revision A bird. Maybe I just got luck with my revision A.

Id really like to get some additional input on differences and whether its truly worth "trying" to get Rev B, or even trading my unopened Rev A for B ---Is it worth the hassle?

Have rev b and I still purchased M8N. Rev A & B suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id really like to get some additional input on differences and whether its truly worth "trying" to get Rev B, or even trading my unopened Rev A for B ---Is it worth the hassle?
No. This is much ado about nothing. I have the A as do many original owners. It performs as well as the B.

If you don't like the performance of either one, get the M8N upgrade and stop fretting about the A B thing.:)

What MD Says..There are thousands of Solo on the A and flown every day. It all depends on how yours is performing and if you are experiencing any issues now. If you are getting a lock in a minute or so and not losing it, then fly it.
"They say the new Samsung TV has brighter colors and uses less power. But my family really likes the one we have now, should I upgrade anyway?"

Reactions: SARDG
I just bought 2 solos from Best Buy over the last couple of weeks. I have one Rev A and one Rev B. Out of the box the Rev A calibrates and acquires GPS lock faster than the Rev B. I've also had the Rev B lose GPS signal more than the Rev A. I'm not convinced that the Rev B is any better but I did get leg extensions included with the Rev B. My preference so far is flying the Rev A. I'll probably do the GPS mod and see if they perform better. My two cents so far...

I ended up swapping out my one A for a B. I figured it was better to just have 3 of the same model. The one A I got was shipped to me from best buy. The 3 Bs I got all came from heading out to various best buy stores.......in case anyone wanted one particular Rev. over the other, maybe that info. could help. Looks like the gps is a pretty easy mod to do. Along with the solex app.....any other easy mods. folks would recommend (I am no electronics expert)?

Can I do a direct swap of rev A and rev B and I'm ready to roll after a calibration?

I dont need to mess with any command lines, correcT?

I had this convo in one of my FB Groups. I fly two birds each with the RevA/V2 configuration. I have always had excellent results consistently locking 10-13 SATs with HDOPs in .8-.7 I got from an excellent source that the Rev B board does offer slightly better internal RF shielding and recommends the V2 shield in all applications both for it's enhanced shielding and being less likely to short out the PCB thereby eliminating the need for the 'cardboard mod'. This is in no way meant to disqualify the mRo upgrade as being unwarranted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig