Rev A and Rev B? URGENT

Reaction score
How can I tell from just looking at the box for my 3DR Solo whether its a Rev A or Rev B? Also I need an answer quickly.

Pop the cover off next to where the battery goes. Look through the slots there and see if the board underneath is black or green. If it is green Rev A and if black Rev B. The B works a little better than the A for some people but they are basically the same. I fail to see how it could be urgent to know which you have. If replacing it for some reason do yourself a favor and get the m8n instead because it works loads better than A or B.

I'm guessing you want to buy one that someone is selling? Not worth it. Buy mRo's made for solo M8N GPS. It is loads better than both the A & B 3DR GPS.
mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade

I also suggest you buy this RFI shield for the GPS. Frankly it's the best money you'll spend on the Solo. I have an old Rev A GPS and this shield gives it new life.
Solo GPS Shield V2 - 3DR

Reactions: Steve Langford
Well its because the nearest civilization to me is 150 miles away and I was going into town today and I needed to know before I left. I was exchanging my drone because the live streaming is all messed up. So I just thought 'why not get the rev b while I'm at at it?'

But is there any way I can tell by just looking at the box? And thanks for the suggestions, I might get one of those in the future.

most likley that inventory is all going to be the same
the only way I know of to get the B is if you can get the bundle with gimbal preinstalled

Reactions: Droned4lyfe
See if there is a 'B' in the serial number printed on the UPC on the bottom of the box. If there is a B, then it will have a Rev B. If there are two 'A', then it's a toss up as I have seen some with Rev A and B.

Reactions: Droned4lyfe
a5c52e58e802d1b5788556d9734c5225.jpg

Two circles then it's a Rev B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44