Return to Home Altitude Question

Reaction score
My question is if the drone is above the Return to Home Alititude ( 25m ).....whys does it need to climb another 10m before traversing to Home Position.......just seems odd to me.....

Is it climbing another 10m to hit that cone zone ???

The following examples walk you through the different flight scenarios and how the Cone Zone affects the Return Home behavior of each scenario.

Case #1: Above the Return Home Altitude
rh_above_rha.png

When a call to Return Home is triggered and Solo is flying above the Return Home Altitude (default: 25m), Solo:

1. Climbs 10m
  2. Traverses to the Home Position
  3. Descends and lands

The 10M is just a safety thing that will always do regardless of altitude. If you're confident it is not and never will be of any benefit to you, you can disable that portion. Using Tower or Mission Planner, you can change parameter RTL_CLIMB_MIN from 1000 to 0. Or make it something else. It is in CM, so 1000cm = 10 meters as the default.

Got it....You are the man for answers.....just curious on that observation in Manual.....

Thank you

Twice i have had the issue where for lost signal the return home activates, and it climbed to 425ft to do it... my return to home is set at 100ft and my maximum altitud is at 385ft. First time it happened i was flying at around 200ft second time at 320ft.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

That is certainly not normal! Not sure what to say about that. It should have climbed to about 230 and 350 respectively.

Twice i have had the issue where for lost signal the return home activates, and it climbed to 425ft to do it... my return to home is set at 100ft and my maximum altitud is at 385ft. First time it happened i was flying at around 200ft second time at 320ft.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
If you are using Android, run tower and take a look at the RTH altitude parameter. It's in Centimeters, and mine is set at 4700 which is just about 154'. If is is not the same as what you have set in the app, then for some reason it is not carrying over to the setting as it should. If the value in the parameters is a large # of 12,000+, then manually enter the value you want and try a RTH to see if it works.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks