Registration is live

Now that the FAA has activated their website, I would urge everybody to heed the advice of the AMA and hold off from registering until the courts have had a chance to rule. I am always amazed how quickly people are ready to waive their rights in matters such as this illegal ruling by the FAA. Congress was very specific when they passed the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012. That Act is the law, not a "special interpretation" of a term which the FAA is basing this whole scheme on. Would you be so quick to register your firearms on a fallacious ruling by BATFE? Yes, that is a Constitutional issue, and so is this! Per our Constitution, the Congress is the ONLY federal government body that can write laws. This "rule" by the FAA is simply another over reach by this present administrative regime.

i realy don't think AMA will be able to do any thing about this.
i have already signed up.

i realy don't think AMA will be able to do any thing about this.
i have already signed up.
It's really not a matter of the "AMA winning". The fact is that a Federal Appeals Court judge is not going to be happy when challenged by a bureaucrat who is telling Congress (and the Court) to pound sand. The AMA is simply the messenger at this point, so don't shoot the messenger.

Reactions: Jubalr
Do people also realize that (at a later date) your contact info will be able to be found if someone has your registration number. I assume this means someone found your drone and knows to how to look it up online.

My guess is that the average person won't know how to do this, but it does bring up a good point in that your registration info won't only be usable by a legal process, or by police. Your info can be found by anyone that has found (or can guess) your registration number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado