Recreational Drone Operator crashes in public event

Reaction score
This is the first crash quadcopter that involve spectators reported in Canada Quebec

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

News spoke with the owner of the drone. Rosaire Turcotte says he turned his images with Phantom III for community television Beloeil when he lost control of his machine. "I did fly over me. I did not leave the eye. Everything was fine. And then suddenly, the drone is gone. I do not know what happened. I have zero explanation. "

He says his own drone for about a year. "I still made all over the internet by driving. I think I have acted in the safest way possible, "he says.

The accident is so serious that the Bureau of Transportation Safety has assigned an investigator to the case. Transport Canada and the police board Richelieu-Saint-Laurent are also involved in the investigation.

There was another drone in the sky Beloeil that morning, one of the VTOL company, engaged by the organizers of the event.

The pilot, Flavio Martincowski says Rosaire Turcotte have arrested moments before the accident. "We, we went to the gentleman in question asking him if he had an operation certificate and all the necessary permits. He replied that he had not "says Mr. Martincowsk. "Later, we saw the gentleman and his drone near the crowd. He was told "You're not a little too close?" He said, "No, I'm okay here," says the driver.

"The drone was operated recreationally over a group of people without operating certificate and without the permission of the organizers of the event," said Transport Canada in an event obtained by TVA News report.

Whether used for recreational or commercial purposes, UAVs are subject to very strict regulations from Transport Canada. One of them states that no machine can only be used within 9 km of the airport. In this case, there is not one, but two airports: that of Beloeil and Saint-Hubert.

Fines or charges can be brought against those who violate the regulations.

A search of the Transport Canada records shows that at least 89 incidents involving drones occurred in the country since 2015.

This however would be the first drone crash with injuries to occur in Canada.

Last edited:
yeah I got that. ;)
Crazy thing is tho that you're right.
After that goof here in Winnipeg almost took down a passenger plane at 3000 feet 2 weeks ago with a DYI drone.....

Drone comes within 25 metres of landing plane, Winnipeg police say

......our government came out with the No Drone Zone Campaign to roll out across Canada.

'No drone zone' signs revealed for airports, more rules coming, minister says

He was never caught either. The airport is 17.4 km from the University where they say the signal came from so they were no noob.

Just freakin' reckless.

Anyone know the story? Full video?

Is she OK? What failed?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44