Real-Time RF Drone and Radar Detection System

Reaction score
A few weeks ago at work I was scanning through our vendors catalogs at work and found this real time RF Drone and radar detection system. Here is the link Drone Detection System / Anti UAV  . The unit is mobile so this could be the start of sUAV enforcement, really hope it doesn't get out of hand. Just wanted to share this with you guys.

Reactions: RichWest
Sadly it is needed for idiots and the illegal activities. Hopefully its too much cost for the local enforcements and to monitor us do gooders.

I operate marine radar decently well, this drone radar is tracking drone not by its physical reflection when hit by radar wave, but by RF emmission it will emit. I wonder will it mistaken transmitters on nearby buildings ?. I guess it has some sort of algo to only target moving transmitters. This is like a mix RDF ( radio direction finder ) and its spectrum analyzer as the key to define a drone.

Actually today we can buy solid state marine radar for like US$6k, with the monitor inlcuded.
Solid State Doppler Radar DRS4D-NXT | FURUNO

Detecting Coca Cola size can in flat sea is so easy with radar, if for a drone I guess it will be easier....but we get birds reflection too :) , however drone batteries are more metal than meat, its signature is different.

Reactions: Burkeam
It shows it is spectrum analyzing the range from 9kHz to 20GHz which covers consumer built sUAV. I'd like to play/research with it. Wonder what the cost point is?

What about seeing the rouge autonomous drone without radio? Now we need your radar or both.

My bigger concern than the uav enforcement is this type of spectrum analyzer can also enable a whole lot of snooping, on both sides of the law.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150