Read it and Weep......

Golly, you guys are missing my point completely. I dont have $1K today to buy a Mavik and if I did you can be sure that I'd be buying two Solos and a used GP4S. My point is this:
In spite of my loyalty to Solo, technology continues getting more capable and cheaper at the same time. Nothing new.

Most of us here. (Including me) have more skin in the Solo experiment than money. That is to say. Our guts are in it.
Really, that situation is only about half our own fault. Besides being the kind of "never say die" kind of people we are. we were targeted by a very treacherously clever ad campaign that appealed to our sense of the possible. The call to dream big and dare to believe..... thats why you're a Soloist. Your passion for an exciting tomorrow is why you are here reading this.

So, here we are, strung out on a concept that as of right now, still rings true in our hearts. What Im saying is that we shouldn't let go of that faith in possibilities. What I'm trying to say is that our fearless leader has been vanquished, and we shouldnt kill ourselves over it. (or mulling over a dead horse.) Rather, we who have been abandoned, must look to the future knowing that what is actually left is we who have cared and fought and survived. Our collective power remains unstoppable. We are still great warriors for sky high dreams and we are deserving of courageous, commited and brilliant leadership.

As the great and honorable rabbit once said,
"Thats all folks."
No what you said is we are delusional
you should consider retracting that, sugar coating it as you walk away from the little grenade you dropped is not going to cut it

Golly, you guys are missing my point completely. I dont have $1K today to buy a Mavik and if I did you can be sure that I'd be buying two Solos and a used GP4S. My point is this:
In spite of my loyalty to Solo, technology continues getting more capable and cheaper at the same time. Nothing new.

Most of us here. (Including me) have more skin in the Solo experiment than money. That is to say. Our guts are in it.
Really, that situation is only about half our own fault. Besides being the kind of "never say die" kind of people we are. we were targeted by a very treacherously clever ad campaign that appealed to our sense of the possible. The call to dream big and dare to believe..... thats why you're a Soloist. Your passion for an exciting tomorrow is why you are here reading this.

So, here we are, strung out on a concept that as of right now, still rings true in our hearts. What Im saying is that we shouldn't let go of that faith in possibilities. What I'm trying to say is that our fearless leader has been vanquished, and we shouldnt kill ourselves over it. (or mulling over a dead horse.) Rather, we who have been abandoned, must look to the future knowing that what is actually left is we who have cared and fought and survived. Our collective power remains unstoppable. We are still great warriors for sky high dreams and we are deserving of courageous, commited and brilliant leadership.

As the great and honorable rabbit once said,
"Thats all folks."
Umm.... okay.
For the record, though, I never felt lost, abandoned, or defeated. Never felt cheated. And for God's sake I haven't lost hope for the future.
Solo is just a follible machine. I never believed it held magical powers or depended on it for my future happiness.
Missing the point? No, I think it's just become very clear. You got your feelings hurt and are looking for a new Champion.
Oh yeah - and I'm never willingly part of a collective in the way you describe it.

its an intersting trend isnt it.
Technology makes some people feel like they are now somehow elevated.
You can take the most sophisticated cameras in the world and put them in the hands of average people and get average results
While some of the best photographers in history did not necessarily shoot with bleeding edge technololgy.

there is such a thing as artistry and talent, that supercedes techonolgical advances.

I get that we can do things we did not do without a piece of tech.
But tie your entire emotional well being to it working properly.... really?

Then call other people names because they took a realisitc approach and are producing great results with a solo.

i have 4 solos now. one from june 2015 still on the og props. my gps locks have always been 30 and 1 min 30 seconds. every time i fly, solo brings me joy. multi point cable cam is just a sight to behold. i hate that 3dr botched it up, but hey thanks for giving me the best smart shots ever invented. oh and those angle presets...nice touch.

and thanks to all the jingle noobs selling on ebay. thanks for allowing me to enjoy my solo's for many more years to come on the cheap!

Last edited:
Mavic has a very comparable wingspan to Phantom/Solo

Mavic ~30cm, Solo ~32cm

does User Name ever post facts or does he simply just assert biased perceptions?
Not sure why no one caught this but Solo is quite a but bigger at 42 cm motor to motor. A fairly big difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44