Range test

Reaction score
3 miles

1ff811409ad7e00da23a23e5abde1109.jpg

Last edited:
I do hope your not in the USA,becouse the FAA can get you for flying over 400 AGL.

Reactions: Rex Barlow
What would happen here if solo didn't make it back home on that battery?...would it fall out of the sky or would it just land where it is ?

It eventually lands wherever it's at when it hits critical level. doesn't matter if it makes it back to you or not.

Reactions: overdriver999
With 57% battery left @ 3miles, I don't think he is doing it again!!!
Given you never really have 100% at takeoff, he should be fine until about 55% if he flew out into the wind and trusts the state of the battery.

It eventually lands wherever it's at when it hits critical level. doesn't matter if it makes it back to you or not.
Gotcha..I usually try to be almost home before it hits that 25℅ anyway but good to know.

Yeah, hopefully it doesn't land where you can get it or where is not gonna harm anybody.

How did you get that far!? What antennas or WiFi cards. I'm currently using the MikroTik R11e cards with the Alfa antennas but can only get about 3000 feet max.
Im using Mikrotik R11e's in controller and Solo and Alfas. Sounds like either your wifi cards or Alfas are defective.

Last edited:
Im using Mikrotik R11e's in controller and Solo and Alfas. Sounds like either your wifi cards or Alfas are defective.
Whenever in solex it shows high traffic warning and I've tried reset but it still doesn't fix it. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a thread for that.

Whenever in solex it shows high traffic warning and I've tried reset but it still doesn't fix it. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a thread for that.
I just asked about that, seems like it's common that it doesn't go away. Doesn't affect my range though, i have the same gear and still have 33-36% signal over 3000 ft in good conditions

From JoKeR's post on another thread...

"High message traffic" is Solex's way to notify you that your Solo aircraft is flooding your WiFi link with superfluous traffic. This is characteristic of the Solo and it happens randomly. Kellys has writen short routines to mitigate this that works with moderate success depending on your Android device.
He explains it well in his release notes that he sends us at each revision. Go back and read them from the start. It answers a lot of other questions you might have later. It's a quick read and it explains things well.
Unfortunately, this alert and a couple of others, get in the way of other important items. It does that differently depending on the size of your screen. I'm guessing that this is some justification for a tablet instead of a phone.
I use a galaxy S3 and a note4. The note4 is much better and I bet a 7" tablet would be even better.
Remember, this is "message" traffic not aircraft traffic.

So it seems this is somewhat normal.

Reactions: carpy
Sadly she didn't return all the way to take off point. Made an emergency landing about 1400' from me in a slightly wooded area, never to be found again it seems. Total lost - Solo with MikroTik wifi card, 2 month old gimbal, and new Gopro 4 black with 64gb card. DO NOT attempt this range unless you have a clear field (In case of emergency landing) and gimbal off of bird.

Solex has a vehicle finder will show you last known location before battery went dead.Maybe you should invest in a MARS parachute system.I have one on mine .I fly long range a lot guess knock on wood I've never lost mine before it gets back but I have flown it over 100 missions lots depends on Weather and battery conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso