R3D Mods

Lots of people have the flip down leg extenders, including myself. And I've never seen or heard of anyone having them come apart. I've landed plenty hard with them.

Reactions: FinniKris
Lots of people have the flip down leg extenders, including myself. And I've never seen or heard of anyone having them come apart. I've landed plenty hard with them.
Do you have the original version with the pin (I do) or the newer version?

I believe it's the v3, but IDK if it's a pin or not. But it appears the OP is no longer interested in this topic...

He has 2 threads going on this.

Maybe he's just busy working, etc.:D

Sorry, I accidentally duplicated this thread. I got a call while I was submitting it and thought that it didn't post. duh! The system wouldn't let me delete it so...

Fair enough, I was just presenting a bit of a review not trying to start an argument....
Oops, I forgot what your other thread said. I thought you were asking if they were ok to use, but you were just stating you thought they were flimsy. No worries.:)

I've invested in the fleet of R3D add-ons.. including the newest version of the feet and have been problem free! Perhaps flimsy compared to a previous version, but I've only had these and am satisfied (with the flip legs specifically but I do like all of their stuff).
If you're interested in a closer up look at some of the other R3D accessories for Solo check out my YouTube vids about em. Includes the flip feet (leg extenders), the leg sliders, hdmi ribbon cable, and the GoPro side clip.
Part 1:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
And Part 2:

After a few months, my only concern is that the GoPro clip feels like it could snap... plastic is different/ little less flexible. Also disclaimer the part 1 video is too long but feel free of course to scrub through.

After a few months, my only concern is that the GoPro clip feels like it could snap... plastic is different/ little less flexible. Also disclaimer the part 1 video is too long but feel free of course to scrub through.

Yep I'm with you. Mine snapped after about 2 days. So I put the standard one back on, in fact, I just used the remnants of it on my battery plug for the location plug. Lol
Knew it would come in handy for something.
5ca29b2070c4b3207878280fb56f4792.jpg

I've invested in the fleet of R3D add-ons.. including the newest version of the feet and have been problem free! Perhaps flimsy compared to a previous version, but I've only had these and am satisfied (with the flip legs specifically but I do like all of their stuff).
If you're interested in a closer up look at some of the other R3D accessories for Solo check out my YouTube vids about em. Includes the flip feet (leg extenders), the leg sliders, hdmi ribbon cable, and the GoPro side clip.
Part 1:
And Part 2:

Yea you're the guy that talked me into buying them! My latest Go Pro clip is hanging in there but the other two cracked. I reached out to R3D without any response. I agree that the plastic is brittle and worries me so much that I'm, again, considering buying a second Go Pro to avoid removing it to use on my motorcycle.

I removed the ant side slider because it damaged the wire ant after only a few uses. So I'd check that closely if I were you.

The folding leg extenders used to use a metal pin as the pivot thru two holes on each piece, or so I'm told. Now it is a plastic axle on one side and the other side clips to it. I've determined that one of the feet has a loose tolerance that allows it to come apart easily. The design, which is ingenious, has a ramp that puts pressure on the foot so it locks into place when open or closed. This pressure coupled with the loose tolerance causes it to unsnap when it transitions from full pressure (closed) to zero pressure (90 degrees) and back to full pressure when open.

Again, I believe that their designs are awesome! However, the materials used and their lack of any customer service leaves much to be desired.

Yep I'm with you. Mine snapped after about 2 days. So I put the standard one back on, in fact, I just used the remnants of it on my battery plug for the location plug. Lol

Yea that's too bad. If they would use the same plastic as 3DR I'm sure that is would be fine. Considering the design goal is that you don't have to remove your Go Pro to access the usb port or sd card it would probably be okay. Unfortunately, most people use their cameras for more than the Solo.

Reactions: speatuk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig