Problem with Solo app 1.1.1 on Android

Reaction score
I just tried to perform a level calibration via the solo app and noticed that the system information window within the app kept popping up trying to search for the version numbers of the various components. This was presenting a problem because the level calibration section within the app would not stay in focus. The app would automatically switch back to the system info area. Anyway I got off the phone with 3DR support and they told me that this is a known issue with version 1.1.1 on Android. Apparently they are working on a fix right now and are hoping to release an update today or tomorrow. I asked the tech if it was safe to fly and he said the app would not let me fly. Anyway I was just trying to confirm if anyone else is having this issue. Seems like the threads nowadays are focused around gimbals.. so just appear to be a widespread problem I was quite surprised to see no one mentioning it here that is of course unless I missed it.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I noticed mine was stuck for a long time when checking for updates, checked the detail and it was stuck on checking gimbal firmware for a gimbal I don't have yet. I'm on android. Hasn't stopped me flying though.

Thanks for the heads up, might wait a few days before flying for that fix or temporarily use my iOS phone

Yep that's the problem. I suppose it's possible to put her in manual mode and take her up but I did notice the solo constantly disconnecting from the app while it was probing for version numbers.

Yep that's the problem. I suppose it's possible to put her in manual mode and take her up but I did notice the solo constantly disconnecting from the app while it was probing for version numbers.

Weird. I am on Android 1.1.1 and don't seem to have the problem. Running Nexus 7 and 9 with Lollipop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig