"press-fly-to-start-motor" after Pixhawk replacement

Reaction score
I recently replaced the Pixhawk because of accelerometer failed and now I can pass the calibrations(was failed before), but I can't start flying because of "press-fly-to-start-motor" message. When it gets to hold fly to start motors the green bar goes across the screen and control vibrates but nothing happens. Could you please suggest what to do?

PS: I was able to start motors in the manual mode, but it steel doesn't work in automatic way...

After you replaced the pixhawk, did you do a complete factory reset and firmware update?

No, I found your instructions and will perform them today. Thank you:

Now you're going to need to do a parameter reset on the Pixhawk to fix all the settings you bungled up. With any luck, this process will also fix whatever was causing the pre-arm failure that began this debacle.

1. Connect your PCs WiFi to the Solo WiFi network
  2. Open Mission Planner.
  3. In the top right corner, set the drop down for UDP.
  4. Click connect. If prompted for the local port, make sure it says 14550. Click ok.
  5. Click the Config/Tuning button at the top.
  6. Select planner on the left.
  7. Towards the bottom make sure the basic/advanced dropdown is set for advanced.
  8. Click the Config/Tuning button at the top again to refresh the screen.
  9. On the left, select Full Parameter List
  10. On the right, click reset to default.
  11. Wait for it to finish beeping and blinking. It may also lose connection with the controller.
  12. Power off the solo, wait 10 seconds, and power it back on.
  13. You will need to redo the compass and level calibration
    1. Connect with the 3DR Solo app to do a level calibration. You should do this on an actual level surface. The more level, the better the AHRS trim will be.
    2. Use the 3DR Solo app to do a compass calibration. This must be done outdoors, in a clear area away from buildings, vehicles, fences, cement with rebar, etc.

Hmm, I bought it from ebay, it says Pixhawk new removed from Solo, how I can check what reset do I need to perform? Or Factory reset will solve all issues in any case?

Oh. Well in that case you should do both. Since you don't know what the prior owner did or changed.

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig