Power On / Boot Up Tones / HELP!

Reaction score
Hi All,

Took solo out today to get shots of local farm land and had a rough landing upon return and now when solo boots it has a strange boot up tone sequence.

I have attached a video to listen to. Anyone ever experienced anything similar? Solo still flew as usual but I did go ahead and file a ticket with 3dr.

Help?!?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have never heard that before- how "rough" was the landing? Any damage, did it roll over?

Let us know what 3DR says.:)

It was rough but no roll over or anything. I flew it right after that just to make sure things were okay and it flew just fine besides those strange start up sounds. I'm a little hesitant to really take it out at high altitude or distance for fear of something failing.

Isint there a site on the net that tell you what every Solo Chime means?
I know Iv seen it somewhere...but I'll be Damned if I can find it now..?

Cheers

No damage at all. Gimbal works. Drone works. I just don't trust it as there MUST be a reason for the change of start up tones

No damage at all. Gimbal works. Drone works. I just don't trust it as there MUST be a reason for the change of start up tones

Well that's good to hear..that's just one more thing you don't have to worry about..lol
But seriously ...make sure you send in a ticket ...it all starts from there !!

Cheers

In the video the gimbal starts level and then dips to one side.

Filed a ticket. Was on the phone for an hour. Did a factory reset and then we couldn't get the controller to pair. They want to RMA it as they claim to have never heard of such a problem.

I purchased the package from their site that includes installed gimbal and backpack. I'm waiting to hear back as to how they handle the package RMA's

Filed a ticket. Was on the phone for an hour. Did a factory reset and then we couldn't get the controller to pair. They want to RMA it as they claim to have never heard of such a problem.

I purchased the package from their site that includes installed gimbal and backpack. I'm waiting to hear back as to how they handle the package RMA's

Good to hear...it sound like you got the ball rolling !! I know it's a pain to go through the process of trouble shooting and problem solving and even an RMA ..but 3DR will fix you up and they will get you up and flying one way or another at no charge... :)

Cheers

I tried removing the gimbal and same issue. Even did a factory reset without gimbal. No luck.

I see what you guys are saying about the gimbal falling to one side... I cut the video short it wasn't done leveling. Take a look...

If you remove pshifd and include solo sound is what?

I tried removing the gimbal and same issue. Even did a factory reset without gimbal. No luck.

I see what you guys are saying about the gimbal falling to one side... I cut the video short it wasn't done leveling. Take a look...

k. So nothing to do with the gimbal. My take is that if it is flying normally, don't send it back for RMA until someone at 3DR can tell you exactly what that tone represents. Someone knows. Maybe not the first line customer service guys, but they can reach out to the developers and engineers.

My other theory is alien encounter... kinda sounds like the first 3 notes of the Close Encounters note sequence. http://wavcentral.com/sounds/movies/closenc/close03.mp3

Guys / Gals I have been back and forth with 3DR and no one can tell me what these tones mean. I got the controlled paired but the start up remains the same.

At this point 3DR has offered to take back the entire bundle/backpack package back and upon receiving the confirmation of shipment from FedEx they are willing to send me out a brand new bundle/backpack package. What do you guys think? Give up on solo and just accept the brand new replacement?

Guys / Gals I have been back and forth with 3DR and no one can tell me what these tones mean. I got the controlled paired but the start up remains the same.

At this point 3DR has offered to take back the entire bundle/backpack package back and upon receiving the confirmation of shipment from FedEx they are willing to send me out a brand new bundle/backpack package. What do you guys think? Give up on solo and just accept the brand new replacement?
I would go with the Brand new Replacement !! Why deal with the headache with the one you have!

Just my 2c..:)

Cheers

Go with brand new replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44