Position-based battery failsafe

Reaction score
New Features coming for new Update From 3DR!

• extended the position based failsafe math implemented earlier (but never before activated)
  • Calculates rise, traversal, and descent distances for RTL based on the HOME and vehicle locations
  • The resulting mAh required becomes an additional current failsafe penalty
  • Lowered the baseline current failsafe back to 520mAh
  • Assume that at worst case RTL, the vehicle will draw 26 amps
  • Reduced RTL speed to 9 m/s to better accommodate the R10C payload
All checks have passed.
Info. found here:
Position-based battery failsafe by wsilva32 · Pull Request #272 · 3drobotics/ardupilot-solo · GitHub

This tell's me that 3dr is still actively working on Solo for updates.

Reactions: Rex Barlow
That's good I suppose. Solex does this by selecting a checkbox.

My guess is those are enterprise app features, not solo.
though I guess they could be generous and pass it on, if they chose to.
With Phu gone I would not hold my breath.

I do believe there is a different solo app that runs on sony tablets for enterprise.

From what i seen from the Solo's Github Updated 2 days ago & tested to work
no other updates to any other part of 3drobotics/ardupilot-solo/.
updates needed for sitescan are not being worked on here.

There have been many updates to the solo branch since 2.4 stable was officially released. 2 days ago was just the most recent, but many before that. Click on the "releases" (currently says "321 Releases"). There's usually a few a week. There was one 5 days ago, 7, 9, 14, 19, 20, etc...

Those things wouldn't even require an application update. That's purely firmware. Something like that, if made available to the consumer users, would work regardless of app version or operating system. I would venture a guess they're going to avoid things that would require application updates too.

There have been many updates to the solo branch since 2.4 stable was officially released. 2 days ago was just the most recent, but many before that. Click on the "releases" (currently says "321 Releases"). There's usually a few a week. There was one 5 days ago, 7, 9, 14, 19, 20, etc...
So what your saying, been saying "Android is DEAD! Long live iOS" Guess your right.....Just hard to swallow this DAM pill!

It is, I am an android diehard. But after flying iOS heavily this past weekend I am going to hold my nose and snag an iPad mini

So what your saying, been saying "Android is DEAD! Long live iOS" Guess your right.....Just hard to swallow this DAM pill!
I didn't say that. I've been saying we will likely get bugfixes going forward (they need enterprise to work too) and not any big new features or smart shots. But that's most likely the case for both platforms, not just android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44