Polar Pro Filters

Reaction score
So I went and got the polar pro filters. What kind of videophile do you have to be to see the difference they make? I see no difference from darkest filter to no filter. Will a dark filter somehow make the sky pure white? This picture was taken with the darkest one and the sky seems washed out. It was an overcast day but still bright and my new toy showed up so I went and got some photos!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 74
ND filters are not used to change color. They are used to slow shutter speeds or increase aperture, since GPs have fixed aperture only benefit is slower shutter speed. You probably need to do a little reading up on filters, and filming with a GP. There are plenty of resources on the web.

Watch this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You bought a $100 worth of filters without even knowing what you were buying or what they were for??? That whole image looks over exposed too. You would have to TRY to make an image that over exposed with ND16 filter.

Boy I must come across as pretty dumb huh? I knew exactly what they were for when I bought them. But I shot two like videos with different filters and at least viewing them on my iPhone, they don't look any different. I've shot terabytes of videos on GoPro, and read many many forums about camera settings and filters for drones. Do you actually think I tried to ever expose that photo? No! So why is it overexposed?

Well, your initial post did seem that way. I don't believe a GP with the proper settings and ND16 filter could possibly take a photo that over exposed. Are you sure the EV comp isn't cranked all the way up? Are you sure the ISO limit is set for 400? Are you sure there is no post processing that cranked up the brightness?

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
I do believe everything is right. If anything the exposure is minus 1. ISO at 400. No post

Remember too that for a Polarizing filter to work... you need to look through it and (holding it parallel to the ground) rotate it. You will find the blue sky darkens and relfections off water and other surfaces dimenish. I put a small dot on the filter ring after doing this to show me which way i should have the filter rotated when placing it on the Gopro.

You bought a $100 worth of filters without even knowing what you were buying or what they were for??? That whole image looks over exposed too. You would have to TRY to make an image that over exposed with ND16 filter.

I need some help trying to figure out how the Polar Pro Glass Series fits over the lens of the GP Hero 4? The lens circumference is too big for the lens on the GP 4. Am I missing something?

I am using these filters. weight only 1.2 grams!!
ND4 a ND8 for gopro: No more jello effect!
bez%20n%C3%A1zvu.png

I need some help trying to figure out how the Polar Pro Glass Series fits over the lens of the GP Hero 4? The lens circumference is too big for the lens on the GP 4. Am I missing something?
Are you sure you bought the ones specifically for Gopro and not a different camera? Mine all fit perfect.

Are you sure you bought the ones specifically for Gopro and not a different camera? Mine all fit perfect.
Here's what I found out. the lens I got is just the round lens and that's too big for the lens on the 4. I had to look and order and frame that fits inside the lens which will then slide over the rim of of the GP 4 lens. I ordered that this morning so it will be here in a week or sooner. Btw, it's called a "frame" that fits inside the glass filter.

Here's what I found out. the lens I got is just the round lens and that's too big for the lens on the 4. I had to look and order and frame that fits inside the lens which will then slide over the rim of of the GP 4 lens. I ordered that this morning so it will be here in a week or sooner. Btw, it's called a "frame" that fits inside the glass filter.
Not exactlly certain what you have there, but it sounds like a lot of extra weight that will have to be counterbalanced on the gimbal.

the Polar pro lens that I have fit right on to the gopro lens guard with some tape tighten the fit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks