Pmi_fr radar sensor. Has anyone used it?

Reaction score
I just saw a youtube video on a collision avoidance system ready made for the solo. It is being made by PMI_RF and the video looked good. Has anyone tried it and how did they like it?

Thanks for the reply. You satisfied my curiosity on estimated cost and impact upon the drone. Amazing what can be done to enhance the solo and I'm sure that future modification will follow.

I remember adding a device to my fixed wing trainer to maintain level flight and altitude. It was expensive, and worked on the principal of seeing the horizon and maintain level flight based upon the difference in proportion of dark ground to light sky. I'm sure the controller had a barometer plus other devices. Worked great. I was able to teach a lot of new pilots by starting them on this before weaning them off of it.

As I said, it was expensive, and big. It had a controller, a sensor pod to sense the horizon and a distrbution board to connect the controller to the receiver and aircraft. The point that I would like to make is that a short time latter new products became available which were cheaper and smaller also and worked great. Consequently, I like to wait before I try out any modification to make sure it has an advantage I really need and if the technology and cost are reasonable.

lots of cool stuff coming for solo if you are on master
including canbus escs

Didn´t get it, why a digital canbus should be better than PWM Signals for the escs ?
Error correction in case of loose connection problems ?

My (very limited) understanding is that the canbus interface can provide RPM and motor health feedback to the flight controller. More data = better in my mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40