Phantom 3 advance vs 3dr

Reaction score
Hi, all!
New to this.... so last week I bought the phantom 3 advanced. I like it.
However when I saw the speed of the 3dr I bought it today lol. It was on a one day sale at best buy 500 dollars off.
Speed is very important to me. Now I've watched the comparisons on youtube. I'm fine with everything except what the range is that the one review gave.
Maximum range I've seen on the phantom before the distance warning is 1800 feet approx. I'm fine with that.
What are you getting as real world range on your dr's?
I haven't opened the Dr yet so if the range is that bad then it's returnable. I also bought the gopro silver 4.
Of course I'll search the distance threads here but looking for input.
Thanks all.

Stock range is only about .5 miles under optimal conditions (little to no wifi congestion, clear line of sight, etc). Most get an aftermarket antenna like the FPVLR, which basically quadruples it under the same conditions. The FPVLR is more of a focused beam and requires you to be pointing it directly at solo more or less, especially the further it is away. Many people also use Alpha antennas, which are a lot cheaper. Antennas are trivial to swap out. They just unscrew. You can also add 2.4G wifi amps to either fpvlr/alpha/stock antennas and get even further range yet.

Search the forum for "fpvlr" and "alfa"

Thanks man. I like the sound of that. That will be the cure then. The speed thing is so important to me so the Dr has my full attention. With a range extender the only concern I have can be fixed.

Hi, all!
New to this.... so last week I bought the phantom 3 advanced. I like it.
However when I saw the speed of the 3dr I bought it today lol. It was on a one day sale at best buy 500 dollars off.
Speed is very important to me. Now I've watched the comparisons on youtube. I'm fine with everything except what the range is that the one review gave.
Maximum range I've seen on the phantom before the distance warning is 1800 feet approx. I'm fine with that.
What are you getting as real world range on your dr's?
I haven't opened the Dr yet so if the range is that bad then it's returnable. I also bought the gopro silver 4.
Of course I'll search the distance threads here but looking for input.
Thanks all.
I saw a YouTube video with a guy got his 3dr Solo out to about 4200 feet with the FPVLR antennas. I have the ALFALFA antennas and in the city with lots of wifi signals I was able to get my Solo about 2700 feet no line of sight

Really. Well 2700 is more than enough for me. I'm in the country. With no interference for the most part.
Thanks scientific. I wonder if I just get the antenna off amazon. Like to by it from a warehouse on the continent so it's not shipped from china.
Still haven't unbound the solo but will. I got the hero 4 silver.should work fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M