Peau Productions 4.35mm f/2.8 GoPro Lens

Well lets hope that is the case. I am just surprised I cant hold this thing by hand without it shaking all over the place. Amazed a flying quad and gimbal can stabilize it. I was fine until I swapped the lens. But the 2x is apparent now !

Kinda surprised... Even though it is 2X, mine actually has better berformance on the Solo than the stock. It is very likely because of the internal ND4 filer in combination with the external ND4 or ND2 (depending on light levels). This actually slows the shutter down, and VERY noticeably removes the "jello" even before any gimbal...

Does your unit have an "internal ND4"? If not, does it have the supermount? If so, you should pick up 2 ND4 filters, and 1 ND2 filter, along with a circular polarization filter (for various blooming and reflections). This will cover 98% of what comes at you.

I do not. But have tried ND2 filter but the Solo is so spastic in the air without gimbal its hard to tell if it is doing anything.

I do not. But have tried ND2 filter but the Solo is so spastic in the air without gimbal its hard to tell if it is doing anything.
Hmmm... Seems like you may have another problem with Solo or camera. While still not gimbal quality, the combination gets rid of all my jello and lines

Shoots video on tripod perfect. I just think all the movement is amplified on Solo. Everyone video sucks. With 2x it just sucks more :)

Sorry ypu are having problems. Mine works well (for no gimbal). I try to post something in the next few days.

Thats OK no worries. I would not consider it problems. Its just gimbaless video.

Nice view. I assume you were working pretty hard to be steady. I would say mine is similar. Would not want it on a dirt bike. But I dont have a dirt bike. I need to loan it to my uncle for his Zenmuse Phantom setup and see how it does.
Good change I am going to trade my Hero 4 black 5.4 off for a stock one.

Cant way to see your video with gimbal !

Nice view. I assume you were working pretty hard to be steady. I would say mine is similar. Would not want it on a dirt bike. But I dont have a dirt bike. I need to loan it to my uncle for his Zenmuse Phantom setup and see how it does.

Was trying to stay steady and sortof slow, but couldnt see a display or anything. I also have several other HERO's (all the way from the original) that are all stock lenses. I have used lense profiles in post with good success also, but this saves that step, and the field of view is closer. Just like other camera stuff.... It's a tool. Which tool you use depends on the situation

You still have your stock lens don't you? Does it just screw in from the outside without being disassembled?

I do, but not sure if its too short to adjust once in. The Peau is smaller diameter so you have some room around the outside to grab it until you stick the rubber ring in. With stock lens and larger diameter I am not sure there is room to grab.

Do you have the hood? It has a screw base for other filters. I remeber you saying that they didnt seem to have an effect, but in my experience, they have a big effect on GoPros. The GoPro shutter speed is controlled by how much light comes in. If yiou wnat to slow the shutter, you allow less light. Slowing the shutter gets rid of jello and other jitteriness (although what i showed you was without any). That hood also gets rid of shadows, and allows for other specialy filters (such as polarization)..

LOL, had no idea that came off. Thats crazy. That would have saved SOOOOOOO much work.

That was my thought too! Why Peau went the other route is crazy. This was so much easier. And the reason this company does it this way makes sense..
Other videos replace the entire lens assembly which requires complete disassembly of the camera. We prefer not to do it that way because complications can arise during install (broken parts, missing pieces, scratched sensor, shorting motherboard etc). In the end, if done correctly, both will yield the same results. However, our method is cheaper, easier and safer.

No kidding. With plastic stuff its hard to take apart and keep it the same. Those screws holes were not meant to go in and out many times. I will probably just put my stock lens back in now. Thanks sir !

I'm looking for the 4.35 mm to limit the vibration in the image.
They provide a video of the result here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
If you look at 2:15 into it when it shoots below the sun there are strange reflections. Is it the quality of the glass?
3drpilots.com

Those are lens flares resulting from shooting directly into the sun. When they are desired for artistic purposes, they are called highlights. If you are also using filters, they sometimes become more pronounced and sometimes you will get double reflections from a light source in the shot.
Yes, they are a result of the quality of the glass coatings on the lens. A lens shade will also help in eliminating them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M