P3 finding...

I'm not sure I see a practical benefit, you can't put a more telephoto (zoom) lens on without getting vibration and jello in the image, people are buying the P3 because they don't want fisheye, so there's no point going wide angle either. The only benefit I could see, was if someone made a lens with faster glass to improve even more the low light performance.

The only benefit I could see, was if someone made a lens with faster glass to improve even more the low light performance.

That would be a big deal as far as I am concerned. But in reality those that wish to do such things are probably going to be bolting a GoPro onto their quad.

The GP 5 releases in October. Watch for significant improvements and features.

Should have researched more before posting but appears you are correct. In any case, nice upgrade path for those who want it without having to buy a new machine. I use my H4 for a lot of other things, multi purpose big + alaso. Thanks for the correction.

Just hope the don't change size or port and it works with 3dr gimbal. I am good with features but really don't care about 8k. Have issues dealing with 4k with what I have :)

Understood. Not going to speculate on what GP or anyone else will or wont do. Fruitless and more than enough to go around on forum for all of us. I am curious though after reading Owners Manual where it describes function of "selfie" and orbit, etc but no description of the "follow me" function. Did I miss something? Also, I have developed a skillful handling of a little Hubsan X4 (expert mode), wondering how skills will transfer to larger craft and greater distances. Even just 150' away hard to tell how the little guy responds to inputs, have to trust orientation hasn't changed. Have past airman experience so believe that helps. Never had an FPV experience either. Comment?

The manual is very lacking compared to what Colin has said in video the solo would do. Maybe the PDF manual is basic and the in app manual will be more detailed. I have lots of questions about missions.

I have never flown the small crafts so I cant comment. It will take a while to get used to FPV. The distance is hard to gauge at least on my V+. Hoping the new Peau lens I installed on my GoPro 4 black helps that.

The Solo should be easier to see at 150' or 500' for that matter. You learn to judge the direction of the bird by how it response to the left and right stick. I can do pretty well with that. The home-lock function (DJI term) is a saver when you are not sure. I forget what 3DR calls it. Flying at distance is not an issue for me. Just keeping away from stuff is the trick :)

The manual is very lacking compared to what Colin has said in video the solo would do. Maybe the PDF manual is basic and the in app manual will be more detailed. I have lots of questions about missions.

I have never flown the small crafts so I cant comment. It will take a while to get used to FPV. The distance is hard to gauge at least on my V+. Hoping the new Peau lens I installed on my GoPro 4 black helps that.

The Solo should be easier to see at 150' or 500' for that matter. You learn to judge the direction of the bird by how it response to the left and right stick. I can do pretty well with that. The home-lock function (DJI term) is a saver when you are not sure. I forget what 3DR calls it. Flying at distance is not an issue for me. Just keeping away from stuff is the trick :)

Currently, the Solo App won't allow you to fly waypoint missions. Possibly in the future. For that you'll need to use another GCS (tower, mission planner, etc). Of course, no warranty when flying via these apps.

Reactions: rrmccabe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl