OSD in HDMI feed for FPV

Reaction score
I would like to see if we can get osd added to the live hdmi video feed. When flying FPV with Goggles if I want to look at batt condition sat. status or even rssi I need to remove the goggles to look at the app if running or the screen on the controller. I'm sure it is possible to ad this to the hdmi stream in software ? how can this be implemented.

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm using an iPad mini 3 and one possible solution I found is to plug an adapter cable into the Lightning port- the other end allows you to plug in an HDMI cable from your other viewing device, goggles, etc. That would give me the same view of what is on the iPad screen.

If you're using goggles, how do you keep an eye on Solo?

I would like to see if we can get osd added to the live hdmi video feed. When flying FPV with Goggles if I want to look at batt condition sat. status or even rssi I need to remove the goggles to look at the app if running or the screen on the controller. I'm sure it is possible to ad this to the hdmi stream in software ? how can this be implemented.
OMG are you kidding? How did I not notice this missing when I tested with a screen? I've just ordered new Dom V3s because my V2s don't work at all with Solo. Dangit.

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm using an iPad mini 3 and one possible solution I found is to plug an adapter cable into the Lightning port- the other end allows you to plug in an HDMI cable from your other viewing device, goggles, etc. That would give me the same view of what is on the iPad screen.

If you're using goggles, how do you keep an eye on Solo?
Push the goggles up to your forehead and look at the Solo, just like when you stop looking at your screen and look at the Solo. I spend so much unuseful time staring at the screen trying to figure out what's going on with the solo because of glare and small text (and I'm using an nVidia Shield). Being able to see all that in goggles would make the experience 100% better.

Reactions: Maddog
Push the goggles up to your forehead and look at the Solo, just like when you stop looking at your screen and look at the Solo. I spend so much unuseful time staring at the screen trying to figure out what's going on with the solo because of glare and small text (and I'm using an nVidia Shield). Being able to see all that in goggles would make the experience 100% better.
I've never used goggles so had no idea how hard it might be to "un-goggle". I'm having the same problem with glare, etc., and have been looking for a better option.
How expensive are "decent" goggles and what kind would you recommend?

I specifically looked for and bought a tablet with HDMI out in case I needed to FPV wit the OSD visible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44