Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

Well I can assure I'm not confused...

The packages are large because they are full file systems. Just like you would have gotten from 3DR in their updates. The scripts just some text and are like 2kb.

As a side note, now that I have updated the firmware in the controller I can "see" the list of downloaded firmware when connected to Sololink that I could not see before, except when connected to the internet.

Just updated to HERE and Green Cube- looks like everything went exactly as Matt instructed- will hopefully get in contact with Matt soon- have him look at logs and then see if it’s ready to fly-
Started it up without props attached- seems to be doing everything the Solo Gods promised- 18 satellites in the kitchen.

As a side note, now that I have updated the firmware in the controller I can "see" the list of downloaded firmware when connected to Sololink that I could not see before, except when connected to the internet.
The firmware on the solo or controller has nothing at all to do with what you see listed in the app. There is no interaction. This again is you making assumptions out of coincidences and minor mistakes. That just isn't how it works.

put Green Cube in and HERE on- a little bit of finesse doing level calibration upside down with HERE installed- tomorrow, if you tell me how, I will send you the log info and maybe you can let me know if I’m flight ready or... keep your eyes open and grab my drone as it flies pass your house. Thx!!
It locks satellites up quick- started it with props off- seems good.?.

put Green Cube in and HERE on- a little bit of finesse doing level calibration upside down with HERE installed- tomorrow, if you tell me how, I will send you the log info and maybe you can let me know if I’m flight ready or... keep your eyes open and grab my drone as it flies pass your house. Thx!!
It locks satellites up quick- started it with props off- seems good.?.
If you followed all the steps and got through all the calibrations (including compass), I think you're good.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Thanks Matt!! Keep an eye out over at your place- it will be black , with a HERE and 3 DR on the side!!!
only kidding/ i’d track her down!!

The firmware on the solo or controller has nothing at all to do with what you see listed in the app. There is no interaction. This again is you making assumptions out of coincidences and minor mistakes. That just isn't how it works.

Then it has to be a bug in the app because with the list not existing there is no chance for a scrolling issue. Connected to the internet the list is visible and connected to the controller no list. Not much chance for a minor mistake.

Then it has to be a bug in the app because with the list not existing there is no chance for a scrolling issue. Connected to the internet the list is visible and connected to the controller no list. Not much chance for a minor mistake.
I don't know what to tell you. Countless people have installed Open Solo with none of these issues. And countless people have installed over packages prior to Open Solo, also without issue. The likely missing link is a minor error on your part or the condition of something to do with your mobile device. There isn't a bug in the app or anything missing from the instructions.

It is possible it is the tablet. I'll buy a new one. I'll reserve judgement but it has not been an appliance like install which the Solo was designed around. I have a bebop, dobby and never had a problem using those. I have built 4 Tarot 680 from scratch. Now I admit I use Mission planner and I find the Android Apps to be less straight forward. I did read your instructions but I was not seeing what was described. It would be nice in the app firmware page to have a down-arrow indicating there are more listings below the visible page.

But again thanks for your hard work on making the Solo a viable machine going forward.

BTW are you a Cyclist and a Kayaker?

It would be nice in the app firmware page to have a down-arrow indicating there are more listings below the visible page.
You know, I've been meaning to suggest that to Kelly too. It isn't actually very intuitive that you can scroll for more depending on how things line up on the screen.

I was when I made that screen name years ago. Now I'm a lazy fatass :p

Reactions: DJMc
It is possible it is the tablet. I'll buy a new one. I'll reserve judgement but it has not been an appliance like install which the Solo was designed around. I have a bebop, dobby and never had a problem using those. I have built 4 Tarot 680 from scratch. Now I admit I use Mission planner and I find the Android Apps to be less straight forward. I did read your instructions but I was not seeing what was described. It would be nice in the app firmware page to have a down-arrow indicating there are more listings below the visible page.

But again thanks for your hard work on making the Solo a viable machine going forward.

So what tablet are you using, so I can avoid it at all costs?

Hey Solo Gurus-
So I loaded my Green Cube and installed my HERE- went well. ( so I thought ) My issue is probably a simple one however, it wasn’t a costly one!!
I turn everything on and it locks satellites quickly- controllers goes to Fly screen. I hold fly and I get rotation- but when I press fly again to take off- it shuts down. It did it all 3 times- but at least I still have my drone and it has sustained no damage. The silver lining. Any ideas?

Usually parameter related. Check your logs for a failed pre-arm check.

Hey Bruce- did it come through? Basically, I just didn’t want to broadcast my stupidity. But why change now? My Solo is sitting here with all green lights- was I still suppose to go in and change the parameters from 38 to zero? I thought the downloading of parameters during the install took the place of that. wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks