• 400 ISO

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 1400 ISO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Automactic

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think I have tried every setting on my Hero 4 Sliver. To make a good night shot of Christmas Lights.

Now I'm Confused.
First thing I think I learned is not to use Low light setting for night shot.. Thinking this pumps the ISO so high that everything is very grainy.
Anyhow have a peak at my movie the second 1/2 was my first attempts

Any suggestions for optimum camera settings is appreciated :)

Coughlin Team : Cultus Lake Christmas Lights Movie : IntranetSites.com -

I really wish they had more available settings through the app or gopro settings. It would be awesome to change shutter speeds and a few other settings on a gopro. Maybe in the future?

I really wish they had more available settings through the app or gopro settings. It would be awesome to change shutter speeds and a few other settings on a gopro. Maybe in the future?
So i'm yet to buy a nexus 7 2013 .. are you very happy with this running tower?

Yes, its awesome for the price. latest updates from google and the built in GPS is awesome. Trust me, for the price, you cannot go wrong.

do you think I would notice any real difference with a nexus 2012?

Bill,

Don't mean to jump in but "yes" there is a big difference. I have a 2012 version, it's just a paperweight. I have an Nvidia Shield and a Galaxy Tab S2 that I use with Tower. I do know there are many here sucessfully using the Nexus 7 (2013). I almost bought one but opted for the S2 instead. The Nexus should be a solid device for Tower, the S2 is much more expensive.

Jerry

Hey hanks for in put so are you saying you are using the 9.7 galaxy tab s2 and beyond the great screen size the performance would be much better than the nexus 7 2013 :). Gee can not seem to spell correct thanks

Hey hanks for in put so are you saying you are using the 9.7 galaxy tab s2 and beyond the great screen size the performance would be much better than the nexus 7 2013 :). Gee can not seem to spell correct thanks

Bill,

No, I'm using the Tab S2 8". I believe it would be considered a better tablet than the Nexus 7 but I'm not saying it's a better tablet for use with the Solo and Tower. I wanted the best processing power and the brightest screen. If the Shield was a bit brighter for sunny day flying I wouldn't have bought the S2. I use the Shield more than I use the S2.

Jerry

Optimum Night Settings

fps: 24 or 30
low light: disabled *disabled anyway below 48
spot meter: disabled
ISO Limit: 400 *800 and up is noisey. you will have to de-noise in post. only use if absolutely necessary.
ev comp 0 *you can go up to +0.5, but only if necessary

I think I have tried every setting on my Hero 4 Sliver. To make a good night shot of Christmas Lights.

Now I'm Confused.
First thing I think I learned is not to use Low light setting for night shot.. Thinking this pumps the ISO so high that everything is very grainy.
Anyhow have a peak at my movie the second 1/2 was my first attempts

Any suggestions for optimum camera settings is appreciated :)

Coughlin Team : Cultus Lake Christmas Lights Movie : IntranetSites.com -
The night shots look pretty good to me. What settings did you use? Did you remove noise in post? (I'm not seeing much noise on my iPhone)

Well first 1/2 is my best with about 1400 ios spot off and low light off
The last(middle section is really grainy had 4000 ios , low light on and spot on ... Wont do that again. :). I tried about 20 settings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44