Oddity today using SOLEX

Reaction score
First day that I have used Solex and my camera function was a bit odd.

Camera GPH4 Black firmware 5.0
Tablet, Samsung Tab 4 7"

Oddity
Powered up Solo
Powered up Camera
Powered up Controller
Turned on Solex

Video functioned camera button grayed out. Solo Flew fine, Selfie worked, orbit worked.

Solo landed changed battery. Powered up again, Solo requested level calibration using solo app.

Performed calibration as requested. Repeated power up sequence.

Now the camera button functioned. Ran out the battery with no further issues.

Just strange that other than changing the battery and calibrating level the camera went back to full functionality.

Tablet, Samsung Tab 4 7"

Oddity
Powered up Solo
Powered up Camera
Powered up Controller
Turned on Solex

Video functioned camera button grayed out. Solo Flew fine, Selfie worked, orbit worked.

Solo landed changed battery. Powered up again, Solo requested level calibration using solo app.

Just strange that other than changing the battery and calibrating level the camera went back to full functionality.

I had this problem.

I removed the battery from the GoPro.
Then replaced about 30 seconds later problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of what you describe is application specific. Unrelated to Solex. Nearly all GoPro related malfunctions are caused by defunct SD cards.

None of what you describe is application specific. Unrelated to Solex. Nearly all GoPro related malfunctions are caused by defunct SD cards.
That's why I said oddity.

Only difference was a battery swap for the solo, calibration then back to flying. May be a bad SD card, may be something else. I will fly again next weekend to see if it repeats. I received my new mRo card but won't install until I verify what exactly is going on. I change one thing at a time. Proof out a change then on to the next change.

This time it was the move to the Solex app. Will fly at the same location as well just in case something else is odd.

Tablet, Samsung Tab 4 7"

Oddity
Powered up Solo
Powered up Camera
Powered up Controller
Turned on Solex

Almost certain to be unrelated. My GoPro pulls this kind of thing on occasion too. It will power up, and allow full control, except the camera button is grayed out. I power it off and try again, same thing. I now run my GoPro without a battery when its in the Solo. I have to power it up every time I power up the Solo, but I don't have to deal with the "pull GoPro battery, wait a minute, put it back in, reinstall in Solo" nonsense now. :)

Almost certain to be unrelated. My GoPro pulls this kind of thing on occasion too. It will power up, and allow full control, except the camera button is grayed out. I power it off and try again, same thing. I now run my GoPro without a battery when its in the Solo. I have to power it up every time I power up the Solo, but I don't have to deal with the "pull GoPro battery, wait a minute, put it back in, reinstall in Solo" nonsense now. :)
Thanks, no flying for me as it is wet and I have a yard to care for this weekend. Gotta get ready for the spring.

Reactions: Dave Folts

Mine does that too on occasion; I have never had to pull the battery. Sometimes just landing resets it, sometime GP off and on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig