No WIFI on controller

Reaction score
Hi,

I was flying solo tonight when the video feed froze and Solo performed a RTH.

I have rebooted the controller multiple times but cannot see the WIFI, I have tried with multiple devices. But with no luck.

Tried to do a factory reset but cannot get the controller to reset, I have a solid red LED on inside the controller and what appears to be a green led.

Should I contact support or am I ok to remove the battery. Can anybody advise how to remove the battery.

ShaunD

Hi,

I was flying solo tonight when the video feed froze and Solo performed a RTH.

I have rebooted the controller multiple times but cannot see the WIFI, I have tried with multiple devices. But with no luck.

Tried to do a factory reset but cannot get the controller to reset, I have a solid red LED on inside the controller and what appears to be a green led.

Should I contact support or am I ok to remove the battery. Can anybody advise how to remove the battery.

ShaunD
It's ok to remove the battery. Slide the battery cover on the back of the controller down and off. Remove the foam spacer next to the battery. The connector is on the side under the foam. Carefully unplug the battery, wait a few seconds and plug back in.

Red & green led's are ok. Not sure about the other issue- are you using iOS or android?

The white connector appears to be firm are their any tabs to p in before trying to disconnect.

I have searched for the wifi with both iOS and android devices.

If that doesn't work, check this post. There is a microSD card in the controller and it can come unglued so support had me take apart the controller and re glue it. Resolved the problem.

The white connector appears to be firm are their any tabs to p in before trying to disconnect.

I have searched for the wifi with both iOS and android devices.

No, it should just pull out.

Chatted with support and they advised disconnecting the battery and testing again. I'm hoping to see if the issue is resolved depending on the black clouds overhead.

Can anyone advise what would happen if I lose connection with the controller and GPS on SOLO. Would Solo be a brick in the air or would it go into land mode, but drift with the wind etc due to no GPS.

Not sure about the second thing but I can tell you I spent two days doing what you're doing and they ended up having me do what I mentioned above.

Chatted with support and they advised disconnecting the battery and testing again. I'm hoping to see if the issue is resolved depending on the black clouds overhead.

Can anyone advise what would happen if I lose connection with the controller and GPS on SOLO. Would Solo be a brick in the air or would it go into land mode, but drift with the wind etc due to no GPS.
Loss of GPS= Manual Mode
Loss of Controller Signal= RTH
Loss of both= Land where it is

Last edited:
Reactions: pyrate
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Just to update I ran a full battery last night without any issues, I will keep the thread updated if anything changes..

ShaunD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks