No turning back now...

Reaction score
Fired up all three drones today to get them all updated and make sure we're good to go. I thought this was a pretty cool picture.

20170106_180157.jpg

Now I just need a couple more backpacks and gimbals, hopefully they go on sale next week!

Reactions: WILLIAM MARTINEZ
Fired up all three drones today to get them all updated and make sure we're good to go. I thought this was a pretty cool picture.

View attachment 4894

Now I just need a couple more backpacks and gimbals, hopefully they go on sale next week!

That is a sweet pic!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have leg extenders on any of your Solos? When I picked up my first, I printed leg extenders on my 3D printer and they worked great. After a month or so I was digging through the original packaging and found leg extenders included with my Solo, just buried in the packing. I keep those as backup. I really need the clearance when taking off from anything less than a flat surface.

Do you have leg extenders on any of your Solos? When I picked up my first, I printed leg extenders on my 3D printer and they worked great. After a month or so I was digging through the original packaging and found leg extenders included with my Solo, just buried in the packing. I keep those as backup. I really need the clearance when taking off from anything less than a flat surface.

I've got two sets on the way from 3dr, supposed to arrive next week. I've heard that the extra room is helpful so the gimbal doesn't hit the ground.

I saw the "extenders" that are included, but they don't seem to go over the ones already on the Solo.

I've got two sets on the way from 3dr, supposed to arrive next week. I've heard that the extra room is helpful so the gimbal doesn't hit the ground.

I saw the "extenders" that are included, but they don't seem to go over the ones already on the Solo.
No, they replace the stock shoes.

View attachment 4894

It looks like the Solo with the gimbal installed is powered up without a camera in the gimbal. I may be wrong but it sure looks that way to me. If no camera is in the gimbal and you power on Solo, you are risking gimbal damage. The gimbal is designed to self balance with the camera's weight included. So, if there is no camera in it, I would not power it up until you install one. Good luck to you.

It looks like the Solo with the gimbal installed is powered up without a camera in the gimbal. I may be wrong but it sure looks that way to me. If no camera is in the gimbal and you power on Solo, you are risking gimbal damage. The gimbal is designed to self balance with the camera's weight included. So, if there is no camera in it, I would not power it up until you install one. Good luck to you.

Right right, but I left the foam insert in the gimbal so it wasn't just bouncing around. All I did was power Solo on (since it came installed).

That is not good either. Don't power on Solo without the camera in the gimbal. It is not about the gimbal bouncing around, but more about the gimbal motors try to balance it without the weight of the camera in it. You may cause damage to it.

That is not good either. Don't power on Solo without the camera in the gimbal. It is not about the gimbal bouncing around, but more about the gimbal motors try to balance it without the weight of the camera in it. You may cause damage to it.

Is there any way of telling if I've caused damage? I plan on buying another gimbal or two, just in case.

With the camera installed the gimbal will go through a series of movements when Solo is fired up. When it is done, the camera should be level. Play it safe until you get your camera.

With the camera installed the gimbal will go through a series of movements when Solo is fired up. When it is done, the camera should be level. Play it safe until you get your camera.

No damage is done to the actual drone though, right? Now you've got me worrying lol

If you want to powr it up turtle it. Flip it onto its back it disables the gimbal.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150