no response to controller when in follow mode

Reaction score
Trying to fly in follow mode on the solo app. Enters follow, but will not respond to any input from the controller to adjust distance etc. Also, will not orbit when tapping the play on the app or with stick input. It does return to normal flight when I press fly.

Wish I could help but haven't heard of this before. I would call 3DR tech support and run it by them.

Wish I could help but haven't heard of this before. I would call 3DR tech support and run it by them.

Here is the response from tech support:

I performed a flight test and have to say that the control's sticks don't respond because Solo has a mission to complete (follow me smart shot), the only way to have the Solo responding to the control sticks movement is pressing pause/brake on the Solo controller in order to interrupt the trajectory. The smart shots of your solo are working properly.

Please, let me know the best time contact you to perform a complete inspection of the unit.

Thank you for your patience and preference.

Regards.

3DR Technical Support

Here is the response from tech support:

I performed a flight test and have to say that the control's sticks don't respond because Solo has a mission to complete (follow me smart shot), the only way to have the Solo responding to the control sticks movement is pressing pause/brake on the Solo controller in order to interrupt the trajectory. The smart shots of your solo are working properly.

Please, let me know the best time contact you to perform a complete inspection of the unit.

Thank you for your patience and preference.

Regards.

3DR Technical Support
Whoever sent that needs to review the Solo owners manual.
On page 31 it tells you to use the right stick to adjust following distance and to orbit around the subject.

The left stick is used to adjust Solo's altitude and to temporarily override the camera tracking.

I am experiencing the same problem in follow me, not responding to the controller. Have you received any news on this?

No, follow did work with the Tower app, so I am assuming that the problem is with the Solo app and may get corrected when a new update is released.

No, follow did work with the Tower app, so I am assuming that the problem is with the Solo app and may get corrected when a new update is released.
Just confirmed the same...all follow features work in Tower...none in the Solo app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44