Nice Props

Reaction score
MR - Drone Propellers – Master Airscrew

I bought a set of these propellers and am amazed at what they do. I tried them with my Solo that has no upgrades and I also fly this one w/out gimbal, usually in Stabilize mode. I was really impressed with how they performed and made Solo feel even more responsive than with the stock props. I kidd you not, in Stabilize mode the top speed was 34mph w/stock and it was hitting 43mph w/the Master AirScrew props. Flight time was really nice & balance is sweet as well. I'm gonna order another set for my over 1yr old Solo w/numerous upgrades including those sick T-Motors. IMO these props are one of the best upgrades that can be done to Solo.

I bought a set of these propellers and am amazed at what they do. I tried them with my Solo that has no upgrades and I also fly this one w/out gimbal, usually in Stabilize mode. I was really impressed with how they performed and made Solo feel even more responsive than with the stock props. I kidd you not, in Stabilize mode the top speed was 34mph w/stock and it was hitting 43mph w/the Master AirScrew props. Flight time was really nice & balance is sweet as well. I'm gonna order another set for my over 1yr old Solo w/numerous upgrades including those sick T-Motors. IMO these props are one of the best upgrades that can be done to Solo.

Curious as to where you purchased them from and how much?

just keep in mind the reason they are performing better for your application is they are stiffer
like the ACP props
I use those sometimes myself, like in stiffer winds
But the flex in the solo stock prop softens the meanuvering for a reason. So your shots are a bit more smooth
If you are just flying solo for the fun of flying it at cut rate speed then yes they will be better
if you are trying to get smooth MPCC shots they will not necessarily help

just keep in mind the reason they are performing better for your application is they are stiffer
like the ACP props
But the flex in the solo stock prop softens the meanuvering for a reason. So your shots are a bit more smooth
If you are just flying solo for the fun of flying it at cut rate speed then yes they will be better

Wow! I swear, almost every time I get on this forum, I learn something! How the stock props are "softer" and make for better MPCC shots. I did not know this but it is good to know since most of my flying for filming (except for when I'm practicing). Thanks!

Curious as to where you purchased them from and how much?
You can follow the link provided, in their store (MR Props) for 3DR Solo. @pyrate, thanks for that info. And yes that's actually why I bought them is for fun. I was gonna order a set for my photo Solo. I'm using the APC (gray) props w/the T-Motors and they perform well.

Reactions: Bret
Wow! I swear, almost every time I get on this forum, I learn something! How the stock props are "softer" and make for better MPCC shots. I did not know this but it is good to know since most of my flying for filming (except for when I'm practicing). Thanks!
Stiffer props still have a place in your kit
I keep mine for real windy days

Thats what I was looking for! Thanks.

Reactions: Solo Keith
acoustics same? Solo feels even more obnoxious noise-wise now that i've a Mavic

acoustics same? Solo feels even more obnoxious noise-wise now that i've a Mavic
The stock props are definitely noisier. I'm sure the thin design makes them like that. I like the sound of the MAS as well as the flight characteristics. I tried out MPCC w/them today, set to slow & slower speeds. They performed quite smooth going into & coming out of each point.

Reactions: Jameson
I just hit a three today. My bad. Luckily the MAS props had no issues with that at all. Very happy with that purchase. Should purchase some more.

like the ACP props
I would never of thought about props softening flight for smooth shots, great info again mate. Cheers and safe flying

I would never of thought about props softening flight for smooth shots, great info again mate. Cheers and safe flying
I initially thought the same thing, so I had to take them out and play with the blades for a couple of minutes. I don't think there is actual difference in the stiffness. Probably a little, when you push the limits in manual mode. However, if you are shooting a nice video you never flight in manual and never push the Solo to the limits or at least you make it gently. So after all you got the extended flight time and the extra power just if you need it.

Here are some photos of the blades. I wish I was able to show how close they are as stiffness.

IMG_8451 - Copy.JPG IMG_8452 - Copy.JPG IMG_8454 - Copy.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig