New Updates = Lose of connection during flight

Reaction score
Ironically, I went to a golf course to practice flying in fly:manual. I go my GPS signal, fired it up in Fly mode, then switched to manual. At some point I went back into Fly mode because it was drifting far more than I was expecting. Well, I hear beeps and it says it is disconnected. I thought crap. But I guess it recovered because I was able to bring it back and land with RTH. Then my goPro wouldn't stop recording. In the app, the feed was frozen. I had notice the entire flight (only a few minutes) the feed was broken up. Something that was new for me. So I took the gopro out, manually shut it off. Shut the bird off. Restarted the bird and goPro.

Thought alright, let's try this again. Same set up things seemed to be going fine. I had just flown it out of sight (I know, I shouldn't do this, I got cocky) when it disconnected again. This time I thought "Oh shit, I can't see this thing" luckily I was able to see the bird almost instantly. It stayed in fly:manual and I was thinking that this is why I came out to fly. So I had to land in manual mode. First kind of crash for me. It wasn't a smooth landing.

1. How in fly manual do you get this thing to somewhat stay in a spot to be able to throttle it down safely?
2. Why did it lose connection?
3. I've never viewed the logs and want to send them into 3DR if indeed something is up with this update (I've read other similar issues). How do I go about this?

Thanks and happy thanksgiving everyone!

I just reviewed the video and the entire video from that flight that I "crash" is choppy. Something was up for sure.

1) Lots of practice. Not being sarcastic- that's what it takes to fly and land these things manually.
(I learned that when I learned to fly helicopters)
I bought a $50 drone to learn/practice with before I moved up to Solo. I crashed a lot but usually just dusted it off and kept flying. You can't do that with Solo. Lol!

2) Don't know.

3) When you first start the Solo app, press the Support icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
Next screen- same place, press "contact us".
Next screen- press "log support ticket" and follow the instructions. This will email your logs to support.

1) Lots of practice. Not being sarcastic- that's what it takes to fly and land these things manually.
(I learned that when I learned to fly helicopters)
I bought a $50 drone to learn/practice with before I moved up to Solo. I crashed a lot but usually just dusted it off and kept flying. You can't do that with Solo. Lol!

2) Don't know.

3) When you first start the Solo app, press the Support icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
Next screen- press "log support ticket" and follow the instructions. This will email your logs to support.
Yes, I understand a lot of practice. Any tips on how to stabilize the thing? I just came in to hot.

Fly slowly, no jerky movements. Imagine a very sick person is on Solo, being flown to the hospital. You must give them the smoothest, least bumpiest ride possible or they will die.

Or, imagine you and a friend are flying on Solo. Your friend is blindfolded. Your movement in all directions including turns must be so smooth and imperceptible that your friend can't tell if you're moving or sitting still. A little bit of an exaggeration but you get the point.

If you're riding in a helicopter with a skilled pilot, you will see almost no movement of the controls in his hands. Smooth pressure on the controls make it happen.

Hope that helps.o_O

Reactions: Chip Luck
Fly slowly, no jerky movements. Imagine a very sick person is on Solo, being flown to the hospital. You must give them the smoothest, least bumpiest ride possible or they will die.

Or, imagine you and a friend are flying on Solo. Your friend is blindfolded. Your movement in all directions including turns must be so smooth and imperceptible that your friend can't tell if you're moving or sitting still. A little bit of an exaggeration but you get the point.

If you're riding in a helicopter with a skilled pilot, you will see almost no movement of the controls in his hands. Smooth pressure on the controls make it happen.

Hope that helps.o_O

Ditto that, treat Solo gently... especially for great video capture. Dog is correct, handle with care...

Cheers

I understand what you say, but how do you get the bird to be the smoothest ride ever is my question. Tips on that would be greatly appreciated.

I understand what you say, but how do you get the bird to be the smoothest ride ever is my question. Tips on that would be greatly appreciated.

Set your Controller/Solo setting to the lowest speed/turtle mode. Fly in an open area and practice, practice, practice as Acroduster said. It's the only way you are going to get a handle on it. Solo is built/designed for video - if you need a park racer, then the Solo is not the UAS you are looking for. Don't get me wrong, Solo will do some amazing things - however you have to learn how to control Solo. I sure had to, and it took a lot of practice. If you want a challenge, put Solo in Manual:mode on a windy day in a open field, and get ready for the ride man!

Cheers

Set your Controller/Solo setting to the lowest speed/turtle mode. Fly in an open area and practice, practice, practice as Acroduster said. It's the only way you are going to get a handle on it. Solo is built/designed for video - if you need a park racer, then the Solo is not the UAS you are looking for. Don't get me wrong, Solo will do some amazing things - however you have to learn how to control Solo. I sure had to, and it took a lot of practice. If you want a challenge, put Solo in Manual:mode on a windy day in a open field, and get ready for the ride man!

Cheers
Thanks for the tip on putting it on the slowest set. I had it bumped up one step. And there were gusts of wind for sure when I went out.

Can I do this now after the fact?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc