New to drones in Florence, SC

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just bought my second drone, be it my first one was a "cheap" toy my mom bought me for Christmas. I am a married 30 year old and I told my mom I haven't gotten a present that wasn't some how geared to my wife in a long time. A total surprise came when I opened a drone on Christmas. I immediately flew it in the backyard feeling like a little kid on Christmas again. Sadly, it soon it found a tree and then was never the same after. After 4 days of research I purchased a 3DR Solo since I already had a GoPro Hero 4 Silver. I have taken it on a few flights in my neighborhood. Fortunately there is an open 250 by 300 feet field right across the street from my house. My wife's family has a farm in the middle of no where that is about a 30 minute ride and I have had time to take 2 batteries worth of flight and footage out there. I look forward to longer days so I can head there on my way home from work. Enough about me and my story. I look forward to chatting and most importantly learning from all of you.

Hey, um, Beef... Haha. I saw your post after googling "drone racing florence sc." Your experience sounds a lot like mine. My fiancee bought a drone as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law, and when she saw how excited I got about the idea, bought me one, too.

After that I became pretty obsessed. I really contemplated getting a nice DJI Phantom or Inspire but in the end got an FPV racing setup instead.

I thought I'd reach out to you since this hobby is a little specialized still. I'm interested in what kind of setup you have and would be lying if I said your mentioning of farm land to fly over didn't pique my curiosity.

I live in the Florence area as well. Let me know if you would be interested in meeting up to fly sometime. Take care.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Hi All,

I just bought my second drone, be it my first one was a "cheap" toy my mom bought me for Christmas. I am a married 30 year old and I told my mom I haven't gotten a present that wasn't some how geared to my wife in a long time. A total surprise came when I opened a drone on Christmas. I immediately flew it in the backyard feeling like a little kid on Christmas again. Sadly, it soon it found a tree and then was never the same after. After 4 days of research I purchased a 3DR Solo since I already had a GoPro Hero 4 Silver. I have taken it on a few flights in my neighborhood. Fortunately there is an open 250 by 300 feet field right across the street from my house. My wife's family has a farm in the middle of no where that is about a 30 minute ride and I have had time to take 2 batteries worth of flight and footage out there. I look forward to longer days so I can head there on my way home from work. Enough about me and my story. I look forward to chatting and most importantly learning from all of you.
Welcome to the forum, Beefmastertange. If you haven't done it yet, be sure to download and study the Solo manual. It has a lot of useful info in it. Sounds like you have some nice areas to practice in close by. Just take it slow and be sure to practice flying in manual in those open areas, as it is something you will eventually need down the road. Again, welcome aboard, and fly safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela