New Solo flyer...

Reaction score
Just wanted to post on here since I've gravitated to this forum in the last week or so since getting a Solo for Christmas as a gift from the girlfriend.

I actually did my research on drones back at the start of 2016 and was adamant on the 3DR Solo but then didn't ever go through with purchasing as I wasn't sure exactly what I'd use it for, and it was a lot to spend at the time (£1200 - about $1800). They've dropped a lot now though, and it was perfect as a gift not being able to justify the cost myself. Now wish I'd got one sooner. Bit of a shame to read that 3DR have since had their troubles though and the Solo won't be supported or developed any longer. Still, its a great drone and since my brother is heading to LA this week (I'm based in the UK) i've given him a shopping list of stuff to pick up from Best Buy so I have some spares (I've actually gone and purchased the Solo+Gimball+Backpack combo at $299 - crazy deal - plus some spare batteries etc).

Looking forward to flying it some more. Got some great shots of the village we live in over Christmas on a few initial flights. Also, sadly, got a bit over confident just doing some basic patterns through the our back garden (yard!) and clipped a branch on an apple tree which bust three of the props, so not been able to fly it since then! Live and learn though!

Going to also give the Fly:Manual mode a go next time I get it up in the air after reading some of the threads on here.

Anyway - that's a long enough intro for now! Will keep reading through all the good threads and advice on here. Any advice would be greatfully received!

Just wanted to post on here since I've gravitated to this forum in the last week or so since getting a Solo for Christmas as a gift from the girlfriend.

I actually did my research on drones back at the start of 2016 and was adamant on the 3DR Solo but then didn't ever go through with purchasing as I wasn't sure exactly what I'd use it for, and it was a lot to spend at the time (£1200 - about $1800). They've dropped a lot now though, and it was perfect as a gift not being able to justify the cost myself. Now wish I'd got one sooner. Bit of a shame to read that 3DR have since had their troubles though and the Solo won't be supported or developed any longer. Still, its a great drone and since my brother is heading to LA this week (I'm based in the UK) i've given him a shopping list of stuff to pick up from Best Buy so I have some spares (I've actually gone and purchased the Solo+Gimball+Backpack combo at $299 - crazy deal - plus some spare batteries etc).

Looking forward to flying it some more. Got some great shots of the village we live in over Christmas on a few initial flights. Also, sadly, got a bit over confident just doing some basic patterns through the our back garden (yard!) and clipped a branch on an apple tree which bust three of the props, so not been able to fly it since then! Live and learn though!

Going to also give the Fly:Manual mode a go next time I get it up in the air after reading some of the threads on here.

Anyway - that's a long enough intro for now! Will keep reading through all the good threads and advice on here. Any advice would be greatfully received!
Welcome, sixspeed. Best advice is to always download the Solo owners manual, and become very familiar with it. Secondly, learn to use the "search forums" function at the top of the page on here, as a lot of questions can be answered by looking up past posts. Good luck, and fly safe.

Reactions: sixspeed and SARDG
Thanks Chuck. I've grabbed the manual after finding a link on here. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44