New Smart Shots?

Reaction score
One of the reasons I'm very interested in the Solo is the smart shots. Was going to build a quad with the Pixhawk FC for the mission planning. But see Solo pretty much does everything I want. Since my tablet is IPad Mini, I can't run Tower. I'm curious if 3dr is planning on adding more smart shots, maybe a cable cam with multiple points, or the ability add waypoints?

One of the reasons I'm very interested in the Solo is the smart shots. Was going to build a quad with the Pixhawk FC for the mission planning. But see Solo pretty much does everything I want. Since my tablet is IPad Mini, I can't run Tower. I'm curious if 3dr is planning on adding more smart shots, maybe a cable cam with multiple points, or the ability add waypoints?

If within your budget, you should try to grab a compatible WiFi only tablet, with Blk Friday right around the corner you should be able to get something fairly cheap. I'm not sure the Solo app will add waypoints anytime soon since Tower is an authorized pilot app by 3DR for Solo. Just my opinion.

Isn't there a mission planner PC program? Would I be able to connect my mini laptop to the solo controller, upload a mission, then connect my iPad mini to view flight and control gimbal?

Isn't there a mission planner PC program? Would I be able to connect my mini laptop to the solo controller, upload a mission, then connect my iPad mini to view flight and control gimbal?

I can't answer that question because I have no need to plan outside of the Tower App (because I use an Android with Solo), maybe google can.

Yes more smart shots will come in time. The impression I've got from past hints was there would be a multiple point cablecam and possibly a rewind feature, where you'd fly a path manually and then the shot would repeat it.

Reactions: Burkeam
Yes more smart shots will come in time. The impression I've got from past hints was there would be a multiple point cablecam and possibly a rewind feature, where you'd fly a path manually and then the shot would repeat it.

Very nice

If within your budget, you should try to grab a compatible WiFi only tablet, with Blk Friday right around the corner you should be able to get something fairly cheap. I'm not sure the Solo app will add waypoints anytime soon since Tower is an authorized pilot app by 3DR for Solo. Just my opinion.

I run a restaurant and a company who wanted to do a delivery service for us gave us a Samsung galaxy tab 4 for this. We ended up not doing it, and they never came back for the tablet. It's an 8g wifi tab. Just download added solo and tower app. Think I'll be taking this home until they com looking for it.

If you decide you want a different android device:

Nexus 7 (2013), 16 GB, at Amazon for $149. (New)
Great for running Tower.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado