New buyer trying to decide what to buy?

Reaction score
Naturally one sees quite a few questions here from those just considering their first copter. More often than not it comes to 3DR vs. DJI. I tend to agree with those who point out that one of Solo's strengths is that the platform is designed to accommodate future updates and allows for greater control for the technically inclined. At the same time, most don't just bash DJI and freely admit that the P3 is a decent craft as well-- all depends on your expectations.

However, I think 3DRs guarantee is one of the strongest incentives to go with Solo. Having gone through a couple of DJI products (Vision+ & P2) I had no expectations of any recourse should I suffer a major crash. And contacting DJI support? I mean,, really...

Before I purchased a Solo there were all kinds of discussions around price-- how much more it cost compared to the Phantoms. To me, it was a no brainer. I'll admit I was a bit suspicious that 3DR would actually adhere to this but since then I've read numerous reports of them repairing and/or replacing damaged Solos. Hard to place a $$$ value on that level of support. If you're a new flyer debating what to buy, think about it:

And because all of Solo’s flight logs are saved onto the controller, not the copter, you always hold the “black box” in your hands—this means you won’t lose your flight data even if the worst were to happen and you lose the copter (the dreaded “flyaway”). If the flight logs show Solo was lost or damaged due to a system error, 3DR will immediately repair or replace not only the drone, but your gimbal and GoPro® as well.

Reactions: J R and Raybro

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado