Need suggestions to where I can fly in Los Angeles area

Reaction score
Sorry, haven't found how to search yet. Have seen so much conflicting info on where you can legally fly in LA. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, haven't found how to search yet. Have seen so much conflicting info on where you can legally fly in LA. Any help would be appreciated
The solo app will show you if you can fly in your area, just turn on your gps/location service and data. FYI. Just because it's in a red zone does not mean you can't fly, you just need to call and get permission and adhear to the rules and regulations. I live in a controlled air space (small airport flightline) that extends past the normal 5 miles. I have permission to fly as long as I keep it under 400 feet, which is the Federal heights above ground limit.

Reactions: Gundoctor
YOU MIGHT TRY GOING TO A HOBBY SHOP. SPEAK WITH SOMEONE AT THE "AIR" COUNTER. THEY CAN TELL YOU WHERE THE NEAREST AMA REMOTE FLIGHT FIELD.

lots of controlled airspace there, you would need to be more specific,
if you can point to a place on the map, I'm using questions like this to test my sectional skills
would take a stab at it
lax.PNG

A restricted or controlled airspace does not mean that you can't fly. You just need to contact the airport for permission. In the solo map if you tap the controlled or restricted airspace it will give you the name of the field. Just call them. I am at the end of my county airports extended flightline. After calling them four days in a row they are issuing a letter of permission. Just so I stop calling them everyday. Lol

and you guys wonder why the folks that have been on here for a while don't even try to help new people any more
17 posts between the two people bitching about someone who responded to a 0 response request
ok

Reactions: Gumby
You have to drive out to the desert theres no other way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig