Need repair advice please

Reaction score
As you guys can see in the video the front left black prop motor is damaged. Can this be fixed? [emoji29]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be sure it is the motor pod, swap it with the back right and see if it does the same thing. If it does, replace the pod.

Do just the motors go bad or the entire pod with the board etc? If he wanted to just replace the motor part and solder the wires on, would that likely fix it?

As you guys can see in the video the front left black prop motor is damaged. Can this be fixed? [emoji29]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My brother crashed into a tree. Thus is what current uav (authorized repair)said. "remove, disconnect faulty motor pod. Fire up drone without faulty motor pod, remaining pods should be just fine. Shut it off and replace faulty motorpod. "

Reactions: Charles Owens
Do just the motors go bad or the entire pod with the board etc? If he wanted to just replace the motor part and solder the wires on, would that likely fix it?
Current uav is the authorized repair center for the 3dr solo. They sell the motorpods for 75 bucks. But you can find motorpod sets starting at 109.00

Current uav is the authorized repair center for the 3dr solo. They sell the motorpods for 75 bucks. But you can find motorpod sets starting at 109.00

Thanks but that wasn't what I asked. What I asked is if typically it's just the motor itself that goes bad (none of the other components in the complete pod, like the circuit board). And if in most cases of motors getting burned out, if the whole pod would typically not need to be replaced.

I reiterate..... Contact current uav
They are extremely helpful. In all the years of building electric powered cars, trucks, boats and planes most of the time if I fry the motor or the motor gets jammed the esc gets fried. The esc is built into the motorpod. If a person is a newbie with this kind to find stuff I don't recommends a self rebuild of the unit. Just order a new motor pod.

I reiterate..... Contact current uav
They are extremely helpful. In all the years of building electric powered cars, trucks, boats and planes most of the time if I fry the motor or the motor gets jammed the esc gets fried. The esc is built into the motorpod. If a person is a newbie with this kind to find stuff I don't recommends a self rebuild of the unit. Just order a new motor pod.

Thanks for reiterating. I don't think I could have understood your comment the first time. I needed to hear it a second time. I think I'm finally understanding now. Contact CurrentUAV. Don't learn things, just call people and pay them to do things, and never ask questions when money can answer your questions for you.

I should have known better than to expect information outside of a dedicated thread. Bye.

Actually cur
Thanks for reiterating. I don't think I could have understood your comment the first time. I needed to hear it a second time. I think I'm finally understanding now. Contact CurrentUAV. Don't learn things, just call people and pay them to do things, and never ask questions when money can answer your questions for you.

I should have known better than to expect information outside of a dedicated thread. Bye.
ACTUALLY CURRENT UAV CHAT WILL GIVE EXCELLENT ADVICE. THATS WHY I KEEP SAYING TO CONTACT THEM. AND LIKE I SAID FROM FORTY PLUS YEARS THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME A MOTOR FRIES IT TAKES OUT THE ESC. DO TO OVERLOADING .ALSO A FRIED ESC CAN DAMAGE OR DESTROY THE MOTOR. THIS OCCURENCE IS COMMONLY KNOWN AS A CASCADE FAILURE.
HAVE A NICE DAY

I think what gumby is trying to say is if the motor is bad, then consider the esc bad as well. Or vice versa.

I think more times than not the esc fails, but yes the motor can fail as well. A bearing is your typical point of failure with a motor, which does stress the esc.

Up to this point no one has been forced to repair a Solo esc. I imagine they could be if minor, bad mosfet or electrolytic cap. But even into today's terms, $100 motor pod or $300 bird + $300GP, is it worth a rework savings of a critical component?

Are you saying this may fix the problem? Basically removing the pod firing it up and replacing it?

If you need a pod, I have new ones and will be happy to beat your best price. It will keep my wife from killing me as a side benefit. I would just need to know which one you need. I can crack open a new unit and pop one out easily.

If you need a pod, I have new ones and will be happy to beat your best price. It will keep my wife from killing me as a side benefit. I would just need to know which one you need. I can crack open a new unit and pop one out easily.

So far best price is $65

Sorry for the delay. Ok. Are you are still interested? I will do 60$ shipped via standard USPS shipping. If possible I would you to send me your old one back. Would you ship me the old one back for $10? Let m know. I will keep an eye out and if you want to proceed, I can get it out tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay. Ok. Are you are still interested? I will do 60$ shipped via standard USPS shipping. If possible I would you to send me your old one back. Would you ship me the old one back for $10? Let m know. I will keep an eye out and if you want to proceed, I can get it out tomorrow.

Ok so how do we do this? I send you $50 and the old motor basically?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig