Need Help Pricing What I Have

Reaction score
I hope a post like this is ok. I'm considering selling my Solo and all that I have for it. Here's what I have.

- Solo
- 2x Gimbal
- 10x Batteries (3 need to be calibrated)
- 2 Battery Chargers
- 4.5 Sets of Props
- GoPro Hero 4 Black with a Peau 3.97 lens
- FPVLR Extended Range Antenna (V2)
- ThinkTank Solo Bag
- Seahorse SE920FML Locking Hardcase with foam cutouts to fit Solo /w gimbal, controller, antenna, 6 batteries, extra props.

I've never crashed it or flipped it. Still looks new. It's been very good to me but I just don't fly that much and looking to downgrade to a more portable option.

Any tips/advice are welcome too. Thanks!

Hi...I have a Solo but missing the gimbal. So I was wondering if you are selling your gimbal separately. If so, how much are you offering it for?

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Fern

wtkphoto-
You may want to consider breaking up your package a bit-
Solo complete with all components / one gimbal ( maybe $350-$375 ) A bunch of forum members have Solo but want a gimbal- be careful, because you don’t want to be left with any items in the end ( like a Solo without a gimbal!) If you keep Solo/ Gimbal together; you know you will sell both.
Sell your cases separately- Think Tank- you don’t specify whether it’s the Advantage or the Helipak, there is a $50 difference so maybe adjust price for wear and tear
FPVLR- there are a lot of members always looking to increase their range - again, adjust for wear and tear
Batteries- B&H photo has them new for $29
( so take that into consideration) Maybe
$25/each or 3 for $70? ( if you could get them to the other side of the pond- guys would be kicking in your doors for batteries!)
Seahorse- thinking maybe $150- $175 ??
Separately list second gimbal- $190 ( you can easily ask more but 2 sold last week for this price, and there was still interested parties even after second one was sold ) and they were gone in a day or two!
Your gopro Hero 4 BLK- has a $75 lens on it- I believe guys have been buying refurbished units on ebay for $150 ( so $200-$250 isn’t unrealistic ) maybe even a little more?
I have stated “ adjust for wear and tear ” several times - I know you said everything is in new condition but guys will want to feel they are getting a bargain and why buy second hand if for a couple more bucks, one could buy new? You have clearly treated your Solo well as one could see just by the cases you have purchased- so you aren’t listing “ junk!!” Put some pictures on the forum so guys can see what you have!
Just my opinion, you could list each item and your desired price and just add “ SOLD “ as the items are purchased. I listed prices that I have seen recently but you know what you have invested and you have to walk away with little or no regrets. Good Luck, I know members will be waiting for your classified ad!

Reactions: Acroduster
Hi...I have a Solo but missing the gimbal. So I was wondering if you are selling your gimbal separately. If so, how much are you offering it for?

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Fern
I still need to think on this, I'll let you know if I end up selling everything.

wtkphoto-
You may want to consider breaking up your package a bit-
Solo complete with all components / one gimbal ( maybe $350-$375 ) A bunch of forum members have Solo but want a gimbal- be careful, because you don’t want to be left with any items in the end ( like a Solo without a gimbal!) If you keep Solo/ Gimbal together; you know you will sell both.
Sell your cases separately- Think Tank- you don’t specify whether it’s the Advantage or the Helipak, there is a $50 difference so maybe adjust price for wear and tear
FPVLR- there are a lot of members always looking to increase their range - again, adjust for wear and tear
Batteries- B&H photo has them new for $29
( so take that into consideration) Maybe
$25/each or 3 for $70? ( if you could get them to the other side of the pond- guys would be kicking in your doors for batteries!)
Seahorse- thinking maybe $150- $175 ??
Separately list second gimbal- $190 ( you can easily ask more but 2 sold last week for this price, and there was still interested parties even after second one was sold ) and they were gone in a day or two!
Your gopro Hero 4 BLK- has a $75 lens on it- I believe guys have been buying refurbished units on ebay for $150 ( so $200-$250 isn’t unrealistic ) maybe even a little more?
I have stated “ adjust for wear and tear ” several times - I know you said everything is in new condition but guys will want to feel they are getting a bargain and why buy second hand if for a couple more bucks, one could buy new? You have clearly treated your Solo well as one could see just by the cases you have purchased- so you aren’t listing “ junk!!” Put some pictures on the forum so guys can see what you have!
Just my opinion, you could list each item and your desired price and just add “ SOLD “ as the items are purchased. I listed prices that I have seen recently but you know what you have invested and you have to walk away with little or no regrets. Good Luck, I know members will be waiting for your classified ad!
Wow! Really appreciate this. Exactly what I was looking for.

I would mark it down for wear and tear for sure. And the Think Tank is the Helipak.

Still need to think on this. Not sure if I'm selling yet. Don't really know what to get to replace it that is more portable.

wtkphoto-
If you are looking for just portable- I have the ( sssssshhhhh...) dji Spark. It’s pretty small and you can find them now for about $300 (Spark Only) or around $500 for the flymore package. Google it and check it out. It’s a pretty neat “ little “ drone that isn’t expensive and fun to fly.
I know Solo community....
Don’t look at me, I’m hideous.

wtkphoto-
If you are looking for just portable- I have the ( sssssshhhhh...) dji Spark. It’s pretty small and you can find them now for about $300 (Spark Only) or around $500 for the flymore package. Google it and check it out. It’s a pretty neat “ little “ drone that isn’t expensive and fun to fly.
I know Solo community....
Don’t look at me, I’m hideous.
I’ve looked at that one but my budget is around $1000 so the Mavic is within reach.

Best of luck with your sale, and I'm sure you will get the duckets to get a Mavic if you sell wisely.
My brain is asking me why though? You have your Solo with all the gear and Mods to get the range of a Mavic, but with maybe 2 batteries, a propritary Gimbal/Cam combo and about the same flight time of your Solo. But then you will be limited to maybe 15-20 MPH Gusts, instead of 35-40 MPH I routinely fly my Solo in, your going to be payload weight limited, site scan limited and if the worst happens and you loose/crash your bird.. Then your out $1200+, Ouch!
I can see the appeal of getting a shiny new quad, I got that "itch" a year ago and I scratch it with a $250+ dollar FPV RACER every so often, most recently with a EMAX Hawk 5. Full immersion FPV at 109 MPH is a total rush! Sure I spent about 1k to get "geared up" for nice FPV googles, Transmitter, batteries etc, but if you loose your Quad it's a much smaller "Ouch" and I still have my Solo as a pro grade camera platform!
Just my 2 cents. But if you want to sell your Solo, you will have no problem! Either way good luck and happy flying!!

It's all relative. Condition, what's available, etc
My feet of r/c and GPS guided aircraft is pretty big.
I have my spare room in the house dedicated to my hobby lmao.
2 fully equipped solos, 6 Solo batteries, 6 chargers, 1 HK cloud Surfer 1 parrot Disco with 2 batteries 1 parrot nenop 2 with 2 batteries, 1 HK Cessna 182, 1 nano talon with flight stabiliTion and fpv.

That being said with my parrot and 3dr hardware purchased at bargail basement prices you bundle is to me is worth around $325.00

That's because of the mro equipped nano talon and other platforms that have been released. Also your Solo would need a GPS upgrade, that's @ $85.00 or cheaper if you can get the mro GPS on sale and 3d print a GPS shield like I did.

Best of luck with your sale, and I'm sure you will get the duckets to get a Mavic if you sell wisely.
My brain is asking me why though? You have your Solo with all the gear and Mods to get the range of a Mavic, but with maybe 2 batteries, a propritary Gimbal/Cam combo and about the same flight time of your Solo. But then you will be limited to maybe 15-20 MPH Gusts, instead of 35-40 MPH I routinely fly my Solo in, your going to be payload weight limited, site scan limited and if the worst happens and you loose/crash your bird.. Then your out $1200+, Ouch!
I can see the appeal of getting a shiny new quad, I got that "itch" a year ago and I scratch it with a $250+ dollar FPV RACER every so often, most recently with a EMAX Hawk 5. Full immersion FPV at 109 MPH is a total rush! Sure I spent about 1k to get "geared up" for nice FPV googles, Transmitter, batteries etc, but if you loose your Quad it's a much smaller "Ouch" and I still have my Solo as a pro grade camera platform!
Just my 2 cents. But if you want to sell your Solo, you will have no problem! Either way good luck and happy flying!!
It comes down to portability. My family of four has a smaller car and I simply can't fit Solo and it's accessories in the car anymore when we travel. I've used my Solo maybe 7-8 times in the past year. I don't fly where I live really because it's small-town Indiana and the residents aren't used to drones and they think they are the government spying. It's also visually uninteresting. My Solo is nothing more than a camera to me. I simply want to change to something that I can slip into my camera bag.

It's all relative. Condition, what's available, etc
My feet of r/c and GPS guided aircraft is pretty big.
I have my spare room in the house dedicated to my hobby lmao.
2 fully equipped solos, 6 Solo batteries, 6 chargers, 1 HK cloud Surfer 1 parrot Disco with 2 batteries 1 parrot nenop 2 with 2 batteries, 1 HK Cessna 182, 1 nano talon with flight stabiliTion and fpv.

That being said with my parrot and 3dr hardware purchased at bargail basement prices you bundle is to me is worth around $325.00

That's because of the mro equipped nano talon and other platforms that have been released. Also your Solo would need a GPS upgrade, that's @ $85.00 or cheaper if you can get the mro GPS on sale and 3d print a GPS shield like I did.
Ok, thanks for a bit of advice and the bragging.

Join an amazing club. There are plenty of airfields.

I am real lucky because I get to fly over an inlet river and out to the ocean, legally!

If it was me I would put it up on eBay set the reserve to what you would like to get

If no sale relist at a lower reserve

Or go to a r/c swap meet.

I think eBay is your best bet

To OP, I would just start a new thread here with the advice USMC86 gave, and you'll have your Mavic in no time. I say start a new thread as the guy with the huge feet seems to think that not having a problematic 3rd party GPS Mod cancels out the prices of all your great Solo gear [emoji39] lots of folks here need your spare gimbal and will be willing to pay what it's worth!
So many "help me" posts cropping up due to ppl modding their Solo's to the point that one day it won't fly and due to being so far off the 3DR baseline that they now have no idea what is stopping their "frankensolo" from operating as it was designed to.
You'll have no problem getting the $$ to get a portible Quad that will fly out to 5+ klm and back with some nice video, it boils down to getting a bird that works for YOU [emoji6]

wtkphoto-
Something to consider. First; I’ll be sarcastic and tell you to pack up your family and move to a drone-friendly neighborhood!
Now, realistic. You have a nice collection of Solo components that guys will be eager to purchase. Everyone is always looking for nicer ways to transport Solo, and you have two very nice transport systems. That’s a plus. You also have two gimbals- this is a HUGE plus because a bunch of Solo operators have tanked their Solo and guess what strikes the ground first? Yup, you guessed it; that fragile, now expensive and hard to acquire 3 axis gimbal! And let’s not forget your FPVLR antenna system- members will want this as they are trying to push the envelope by flying half way around the globe.
And then there is your gopro-
I believe you could sell everything EXCEPT your Solo- and you’ll have enough for a Mavic/Mavic Pro. Start looking on craigslist, you are going to find a mirror-image of yourself out there looking to get rid of his Mavic Pro because his old lady left him, took the kids, took the small car ( because it gets better gas mileage than his family hauler ) AND... now he wants a Solo because he has so much available space!! And even though he also lives in small-town Indiana- his neighbor’s kids are amazed at Solo’s flying abilities and stealth looks and enjoy getting out of the house and away from the tv and video games!!
I’ll be honest, I’m always looking for rigid cases for Solo- (I have two HPRC2700’s) but can always use another!! And that gopro with the Peau Lens- I have the gopro Hero 4’s but none with upgrades- I’m still on the fence thinking about the Backbone Ribcage. I personally will be anxiously awaiting your Solo fire sale so I can help you finance your DJI Mavic Pro!!
You are going to make out fine when you decide to pull the trigger- relax. Deep breathes.
PLEASE NOTE. Look on craigslist locally so you can see the Mavic Pro in person- and when you find one, and you will, meet at your nearest Police Department!! It keeps everybody honest, especially when you are carrying cash. No sense shooting somebody over a drone.

Thanks again for more advice everyone. I'm waiting to see what DJI's announcement is on the 18th to be convinced to sell since I'm not 100% certain I want to right now. I love my Solo as you can see from everything I've gotten for it. It will be really hard to part with.

@USMC86 I actually am moving to a much more friendly neighborhood this week but the new house is about 1800 feet away and almost in line with a runway at the local airport. Definitely no more backyard flying for me.

I highly recommend joining the AMA. Google for AMA registered club's in your area. You will have a blast.

I lost my Parrot Disco yesterday. Parrot support insisted I upgrade to firmware 1.7.0. It broke Linear landings. My Disco babked to the west and started a helical spiral down. Instead of straight linear slope down.

It landed deep in the wetlands of a River inlet. Not accessable, the mud is waist high
Bummer

I should of never updated.

Join a club, it's worth it

I highly recommend joining the AMA. Google for AMA registered club's in your area. You will have a blast.

I lost my Parrot Disco yesterday. Parrot support insisted I upgrade to firmware 1.7.0. It broke Linear landings. My Disco babked to the west and started a helical spiral down. Instead of straight linear slope down.

It landed deep in the wetlands of a River inlet. Not accessable, the mud is waist high
Bummer

I should of never updated.

Join a club, it's worth it
Damn, sorry to hear that.

For AMA, I don't know if I would benefit from it. I don't seek out airfields because, to me, my Solo, or any other flying camera, is simply that, a flying camera. I know it sounds strange, but I get little joy out of just flying. The only reason I have a Solo is to get a different perspective than my body's range of 6 foot or less from the ground. It's the main reason I don't fly where I live, it's just not visually interesting. I try to seek out places that are visually interesting but usually come up with nothing.

1800’ from a runway?!!!!!
Who in the hell did you piss off????
The end of flying Solo in the backyard? I’d be more concerned about the end of you getting restful sleep!! Christ, your house is going to shake everytime a plane takes off-
Be kind to yourself and keep Solo; and get yourself the newest and greatest DJI they make, you deserve them both!!

It’s no wonder the neighbors are more drone-friendly, it’s the smallest and quietest thing flying above their house! And if by some unfortunate situation, Solo falls from the sky, ( and it won’t ) at least your neighbor won’t be homeless!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig