need help diagnosing gimbal fault

Reaction score
I crashed my solo into a light post and thought i got away with just a damaged motor pod. Upon further investigation i have found that my gimbal is no longer working. I get an orange flashing light and gimbal not found on the controller, the gimbal is also lifeless and does not stabilise. I have removed it and checked all connections and the connectors on the boards look ok. I'm thinking it may be the flat 'cable' that goes from the board on the back of the gimbal to the main control board but i just cant see any obvious damage anywhere.
Any help would be much appreciated. I don't want to go buy another gimbal only to find that the problem was in the solo itself. I haven't yet checked if i get a video feed because i also managed to smash my tablet screen at the same time!! It was a great afternoon.

Flashing orange usually means it's firmware updating, I had one that got stuck in this mode, I did a full system restore, reapplied the firmware and it came back to life. That didn't have a crash though, so it could be you've actually damaged something.

Give it a go with a reset, you might want to ask 3DR if they have any refurb gimbals in stock they can sell cheaper if you do have to buy a replacement.

im in australia so its a bit harder to get the stock here with our shitty dollar and postage costs.
By system restore do you mean factory reset?? I think i will give that a go.

Thanks for the help.

Yes factory reset.

I know the problem myself being in the UK of import duty!

im in australia so its a bit harder to get the stock here with our shitty dollar and postage costs.
By system restore do you mean factory reset?? I think i will give that a go.

Thanks for the help.
Hope resetting helps @DazzaP. If not, 3dr must have a repair for gimbals also. Better then buying a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hope resetting helps @DazzaP. If not, 3dr must have a repair for gimbals also. Better then buying a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The impact was pretty hard so i'm not holding much hope for the reset to work. I thought the whole quad was broken from a distance it looked like it broke in half, turned out it was just the battery flying off!

The impact was pretty hard so i'm not holding much hope for the reset to work. I thought the whole quad was broken from a distance it looked like it broke in half, turned out it was just the battery flying off!

I think you may have blown a fuse, From my understanding the fuse is soldiered onto the gimbal board. But I would contact 3DR to verify that that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986