My SOLO was returned to Best Buy

After my third solo exchange at Best Buy trying to get one unit that works properly today I spent 2:16 Hrs on the phone with a 3DR agent trying to help me to get solo connected to the controller after I got the update done to the version 1.0.5 without success. I could not even get solo to work or comunicate with the controller, I returned my solo back to Best buy. Before I return solo to Best Buy, I called the store to check if they have another one to try the fourth exchange the Best Buy agent just told me: "Best Buy suspended the sells for solo due the fact of a lot complains and solo issue".
3DR should have at least an USB port available to allow the users to perform the update connected to a computer.
I just return my solo to Best Buy.
I am feeling very disappointed with 3DR.
Good bye SOLO.

One unlucky guy!!

How many hours did you spend on the phone with 3DR on drone #1?

How about time spent troubleshooting with 3DR on drone #2?

What were the issues with the first two Solos?

Just bought the solo, signal is working at controller but cannot get the solo unit to stay on. It acts like its trying to start but shuts down lights included. Is there a fix for this?

Just bought the solo, signal is working at controller but cannot get the solo unit to stay on. It acts like its trying to start but shuts down lights included. Is there a fix for this?

Once you arm the motors, you have to take off with in about 5 seconds or the motors will shut down. Is that what you mean?

Once you arm the motors, you have to take off with in about 5 seconds or the motors will shut down. Is that what you mean?

I yes but I have tried it at 4, 5, and even 6. Every time it's like the motor will turn for a second and go off.

You have to hold down FLY button to arm and then hold FLY down again to take off. Can't just push button, you have to hold it down.

I mean out of the box solo is suppose to be turned on by holding down on power button for 5 sec then release. When I do that it lights up, clicks like it tried to start but then stops and lights go off.

You probably need to re-pair Controller and Solo or do a factory reset. You should submit a ticket to Solo support so they can walk you through the procedure.

I had a heck of a time with update 1.05 also. I spent time on the phone with the agent, I even have a return shipment offer in my email. I also tried to buy a Solo from Best buy after all the hassle. Unfortunately Best Buy was out of stock. and there was supposed to be one in a neighboring store, but when they called it turns out they were like no. it's not in stock, So, Thanks Drone Pilot for Breaking the camelback.
I turns out it was a good thing that Best Buy was out of stock, because afterf rebooting my Solo and re-pairing it to the controller, I reasoned the only other thing that might be wrong is the smartphone, or the app on the phone.
I then removed the app and reinstalled it on my phone and was able to do the Update. Not sure if the prior reset and repair was necessary, but that was my learning curve.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I will submit a ticket. I bought mine from best buy, but it doesn't have a manual for the unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks