My First Video

Reaction score
So I've had my Solos about 2 months or so and finally got around to making a video. I mostly enjoy just flying Solo...I have (2) Solos with no gimbal that I use for flying and (1) Solo with gimbal and Hero4 Black. I wanted to try capturing and editing footage into a video, so I got Movavi software and created this video. It was good for learning the software...adding music, cutting footage, adjusting speed, etc. Since capturing this footage, I have added a Polar Pro Polarizer filter. I think that would have helped with the glare of the sun. Anyway, please let me know what you think, so I can improve.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: morris
I had a few "miscues" with the sticks, so there were a few spots where I had undesired movement. Don't guess there's a way to make Solo's yaw rotate at a fixed speed...other than trying to hold the yaw stick at a steady speed like I tried to do. I hope to get smoother at moving Solo around during filming. Also, I think most videos will not be a start-to-finish shot...there will be many different clips spliced together to created the final product.

The biggest thing I saw was the glare of the sun. Not sure if polarizer or ND4 would have best eliminated that?

Did you see any of the infamous gimbal 'vibration' in the video? I have my HDMI cable routed completely away from the gimbal and my data cable is the new version. I saw a bit of 'shake' now and then, but don't think that was "vibration" related.

My main goal on this 1st video was to learn to use Movavi to time the music to the video. I learned that you have to edit the video to the music...not edit the music to the video.

Here are my settings.

upload_2018-1-14_5-58-17.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M