My first flight with Solo number one

Reaction score
I have attached my first flight video, just a short shake down. I have to admit that the stock settings make for a sluggish feel, but I guess thats from years of flying RC. Can't wait until I'm out for a day of ringing her out and trying manual modes. Two more Solos to test fly and then going to dig into the core of the system, log files and ground stations among everything else.

VIDEO under edit as I didn't even give it a second thought the music has a copyright. I will repost ASAP don't need anyone getting upset or in trouble over a simple video.

Last edited:
Welcome to the addiction...good songs, however YouTube is gonna hit you on the copyright infringement! just an FYI!

Welcome to the addiction...good songs, however YouTube is gonna hit you on the copyright infringement! just an FYI!
Already have! LOL I guess I will have to post silent video as the back ground sounds are rough. Will look for open non copyrighted music

Post on Vimeo. Best res and allow music...At least they used to.

I have adjusted the speed (Solo Settings) to faster settings and up to 400 feet and that has made it more fun in the standard FLY mode. I can go 33mph in the faster mode. It's good to learn the FLY: Manual mode in case you lose GPS, which doesn't happen often but can happen. I love flying it!

Reactions: Acroduster
Check here (and note conditions of use):
Free Music Resource for Your Videos
Thanks for the info I guess I should have looked harder, but to be completely honest I never gave it much thought I will pull it and fix it today. Thanks again

[One thing I was able to do that may help a few here was to set up my Hero 3 Back up for one button start. This turns on the GoPro and starts the video in one shot, now my GoPro does start up when I power up the Solo which makes this even better, as I just set the Solo down in a clear location push the power button it fires up the GoPro turns on and starts video.

I will be looking for a better video solution in time but wish to experiment with the set up as is for now.]
H-

Last edited:
Go to GoPro.com/awards and click on Free music. You will be able to download tons of free music from JinglePunks. You can also just use the GoPro Quik app, although you will have less control over the editing, you will can get a 1 minute video synced to the music they offer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150