My First Crash and lost a piece. What to do?

Reaction score
So, I had my fist crash with a tree limb and lost one of the rubber foot tips on the right rear foot. When I examined the rear of the leg there is a wire sticking out of a black plastic tube seated in the leg in the rear of the leg. Is this normal? Do I just have to replace the foot tip? How bad did I screw up? Please help?
The antenna leg and the rear left compass leg look fine.

Thanks!

So, I had my fist crash with a tree limb and lost one of the rubber foot tips on the right rear foot. When I examined the rear of the leg there is a wire sticking out of a black plastic tube seated in the leg in the rear of the leg. Is this normal? Do I just have to replace the foot tip? How bad did I screw up? Please help?
The antenna leg and the rear left compass leg look fine.

Thanks!
It's just another antenna cable. Push it back in place on the side of the leg and put on a new "shoe".

Before flying again I would do a compass and a level calibration to make sure everything is working correctly. Then go flying!

Thanks! Tested it and it works fine. Just received a message that a "file was repaired" on the video screen. Thankfully, I ordered extenders for the legs as I lost the "shoe" off this leg.

Thanks! Tested it and it works fine. Just received a message that a "file was repaired" on the video screen. Thankfully, I ordered extenders for the legs as I lost the "shoe" off this leg.
Good to know- thanks for the update!

Was the file repaired message on the GoPro or the controller?
GoPro will do that if a cable is disconnected or power is interrupted while recording.

On the GoPro. Did it mess up the Gopro? Should I reformat my card? As you can see, I'm new to all of this. LOL
By the way, power was interrupted to the Gopro in the excitement after the crash.

On the GoPro. Did it mess up the Gopro? Should I reformat my card? As you can see, I'm new to all of this. LOL
By the way, power was interrupted to the Gopro in the excitement after the crash.
No worries- GoPro should be fine. Shouldn't need to reformat.
If you ever have a situation where the GoPro "freezes up", just take the battery out for a few seconds, then put it back in. Should work fine then. I learned that through experience!

Welcome to the forum! What model GoPro?

4 Black. Did calibration and everything checks out. You are responsible for my good night's sleep last night!

Reactions: Maddog
No worries- GoPro should be fine. Shouldn't need to reformat.
If you ever have a situation where the GoPro "freezes up", just take the battery out for a few seconds, then put it back in. Should work fine then. I learned that through experience!

Welcome to the forum! What model GoPro?

I noticed the GoPro 'file repair' issue myself. And yes, had to pull the battery on the GoPro a few times. Never had an issue with loosing a file/video as mentioned, the GoPro will repair the file. Also with a Gimbal installed, make sure you turn off Recording using your Controller prior to shutting down Solo or you will get the 'repair' message every time.

Cheers

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44